Problems Updating from 1.2.1 Receptor TRIO Software

Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

AUTO-ADMIN: Non-MP3, WAV, OGG, SoundCloud, YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter and Facebook links in this post have been protected automatically. Once the member reaches 5 posts the links will function as normal.
After buying a used Receptor TRIO, I've noticed the VST's I'm trying to download into the TRIO are always more updated than the software version installed (Version 1.2.1). The previous owner didn't ever connect it to a computer by what he's told me and since Muse Research Support is inactive, I would love some help in knowing what's going on with this thing!

When I follow the steps in this updating support link (my aspiration is to update it completely to the newest version): http://www.museresearch.com/support/updates.php (http://www.museresearch.com/support/updates.php) the process doesn't go as planned.

GUI: On my Receptor Setup tab, it only shows a "Install Komplete Presets..." dimmed out at the bottom and unclickable instead of a, "Install 1 File" like the support site says.

Front Panel: Muse Research says I'll see a, "SU Install/Upgrade" after scrolling through the Setup menu, but nothing changes between adding the file into the "Drop Installers Here" folder.

The only cool part is that I've successfully put in new Kontakt Instruments into the Receptor TRIO. I can see them within the libraries and everything, but the Kontakt version is way too old to host newer (though still dated) instruments.

I've tried putting Omnisphere into the plug-in installation process, but it has the same issue where the Receptor is not even reading that the file is there to install. My guess is the Software Version and capability of seeing these files (Omnisphere came in the form of an .RPM file).

Any help will do, I seriously will appreciate any insight! Especially if it's sooner than later, I have several fly dates with my band and this will help consolidate my rig into various software foundations while expanding my capabilities.

Thanks for your help in advance!

Return to “Muse Research and Development”