Muse Receptor Start Up Issue

Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I have a Muse Receptor 2+ Promax WIth 2.0 ( or 2.1 not sure)
After uninstalling some Demo Plugins to cleanup harddrive, the machine will not boot up fully. It locks up on starting mixer.
I stepped thru' the start up line by line and no apparent errors.
I did notice the Bios set date was year 2037 and would not save a changed date. I replaced the motherboard battery but this did not change anything. I tried unplugging everthing, checked internal cables reseated ram cards, PCI board. hard drive in different different SATA port etc to no avail. Any ideas out there
Tried leaving it on overnight, again no luck !

RE: 1TB HD, Intel DQ35JOE MB, 4 Gb Ram

FrankM

Hello
try this !

1. Turn the Receptor completely off. Hold the SETUP button on the front panel and continue holding it as you turn on the Receptor.

2. Don't let go of the SETUP button until it enters into support tools. You'll know you are there when it asks if you'd like to do a self check.

3. Use the top encoder knob to scroll through the selections until you are at the EXPERT menu. The first option should ask if you want to do a cache reset. Say yes by pushing in on one of the knobs. The Receptor should restart to a default patch.

regards Andy

That Does'nt seem to work. How long do you hold the setup button. I held for maybe 10 minutes. There are 2 setup buttons
1) one on the btm row with the original unit panel layout and
2) one on the top with the new 2.0.1 layout
I beginning to think I have a hard drive problem. It has a newer Seagate
ST1000DM003 drive in it. There is no sound from it. On research it seems some of those newer Seagate drives can be a problem

Any Ideas ?

FrankM

Return to “Muse Research and Development”