Receptor equivalent?

Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi there.
I guess I have to face the fact that I will not be able to use my receptor any more in a very near future. As sad as it is, my new Kontakt banks will never be compatible with this machine.
So, what alternative? Does mainstage take Kontakt, does it offer something equivalent to live mode which I really love?
Any other machine on the market?
Thanks for your help,
Best regards
Jean-Philippe Rykiel, the Blind one
My Soundcloud
My Facebook page

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 5&t=465650

Take your time with this thread.

Good luck! Keep connected here and keep your eyes out for Receptoreaque rack mount VSTi players.
Fish Out Of Water
Entune Productions

Thanks Fishoow,
Wow, this is quite a long thread indeed, but it is getting a bit technical for me. I am blind and i'm afraid I won't be able to build myself a PC.
Maybe I should've asked another question. Most of my sound banks come from Kontakt. Does anyone know why Komtakt's last version cannot be installed on the receptor? If that was possible, I would be the most happy man in the world.
Any idea on that?
Best,
My Soundcloud
My Facebook page

Yes. Sorry. Specific to Kontact, the latest updates compatible with Receptor is Komplete 9. There was much strife and finger pointing between Muse and Native Instruments. Ultimately there was nothing accomplished and the result is that Receptors with the latest operating system can install Komplete 9 (Kontact). The issue is that there is a translator that is a main part of the Receptor software called .WINE which does not translate the Kontact .DLL library, in particular. The updated Kontact messes the rest of Komplete 10 and renders it unusable. Also on the list of major software that is no longer useable is Omnisphere 2.

In the above mentioned thread there are those who want a rack-mounted computer dedicated to running VSTs. The allure is technical as well as vain. Some want to have no computer visible to the audience as judgements are made when audience members see one. Most, if not all, are concerned with restart times as there is ultimately a point in a touring artists show that the machine will crash. Receptor is a champ. I don't know that you'll have to build a computer component by component but certainly we have moved on to remaining our setups. You need a computer, an audio interface and dedicated software. Cantabile is the software of choice for PC users. Cantabile is working on a Mac version. Here is an option perhaps we should put out to the rest of the Muse community: http://www.sweetwater.com/creation_station/
Fish Out Of Water
Entune Productions

Thanks for this Fishoow.
In my case, I am visually impaired, the Mac would be the best as OSX comes with a built-in screen reader.
What about Main stage? Does it compare to Cantabile?
Thanks for your help,
My Soundcloud
My Facebook page

I only go by what I've read and Mainstage has some limitations for performance abilities. I can't think, off hand, what they are.
Whatever it's worth I have been using Presonus Studio One 2 Producer in my classes I accompany for for the past three years. Until this year I was running it off of my 2008 black MacBook (on which I type now). I stepped up to a 2009 model which runs the latest MacOS. The Studio One 2 Producer edition is needed to run 3rd party plugins such as NI which I have a couple items of. I use their firewire interface for my audio I/O.
Ableton, of course is a live performance industry standard and NI certainly loads into there. Logic pro certainly works with everything as I'm sure that Mainstage will as well.
Fish Out Of Water
Entune Productions

Return to “Muse Research and Development”