Just bought a Quattro

Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello everyone!

I just got a Quattro from eBay and I have a couple of questions.

1. How do I access the Live Rack mode? (I can see the older GUI with the channels running horizontally across the screen). I can't seem to find the newer (2.01?) GUI.

2. Sonic Projects released a brand new update (1.2.5) yesterday to their OP-X Pro II software synth. How do I load it onto the Quattro?

Thanks in advance for any help. I'm brand new to the Receptorworld and what may seem obvious to most...is unfamiliar to me. :D

Hi there

I would actually expect that Quattro has the rack mode installed by default. What software version do you have? You can switch to rack mode in the setup page.
That is a good question. You could start with:
http://www.sonicprojects.ch/opxpro2/musereceptor.html
However, I think this page was made for older receptors. You may be able to install the 64-bit version on your Quattro, although I am not sure if that works. For this, you need to drag the dll to the drop installer here directory on your receptor and then install frrom setup.

Fedde

Thank you fedde for the quick reply.

Yes, I was able to find the view options in the setup tab to change to rack view. THANKS!

Yes, I was able to load the brand new OP-X Pro II 1.2.5 (in 64 bit mode, there's actually a small 64 that appears by the plugin in the list). The sounds all work fine, but I can't select the sounds via the Receptor GUI interface...I have to go to the OP-X Pro II GUI and choose the bank from there. Then, I'll rename the patch and save it to the favorites folder, then I can select it from the Receptor GUI. I also notice that the name of the patch doesn't appear in the usual space in the OP-X Pro II box, it remains blank. The name of the patch appears in the selection box of the Receptor GUI.

Great news for Quattro owners that want to use OP-X Pro II!

I can also report that the response I got back from Sonic Projects was quick, and they gave me a few options to try to get the new OP-X Pro II 1.2.5 to work. What a great company! In my opinion, the best sounding Oberheim OB-X VST on the market! It is well worth the sale price of $85!

Return to “Muse Research and Development”