Muse Receptor 2 Hard Drive Initialization

Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Greetings, I'm worried about the longevity of my Receptor with support now non-existent, and replaced the hard drive with an SSD of a smaller size. I used Paragon HD manager to clone the drive to the SSD.

When I try and boot the new SSD, the Muse OS hangs on the GRUB boot loader. The Paragon software did say I needed to init the drive before it would work. I tried to use the boot-repair-disk32 software to init the disk, but I think the software doesn't recognize the hardware, and failed. Has anyone seen this issue before, and how did you resolve it?

Hi
Receptor grub reset.

rdm-set-session.sh Musician rm-host
(Press enter key)
rdm.sh
(Enter key again)

if that dosent work look for posts in the forum on the subject (disk cloning) there are loads of them i have writen a few myself.
Andy

I'll look through your other posts, but they appear to be CLI commands issued at a command prompt. Do I have to boot off a Linux live CD, or is there a way to interrupt the GRUB loader to get shell access? My Linux knowledge is lacking, sadly.

Yes, there's a way to interrupt the GRUB boot process and go to CLI. There's an explanation in the forum. I can't confidently tell you exactly how it's done right now, but it's not difficult at all - something like repeatedly tapping a key while booting, which brings you to the GRUB boot menu, where you add a 1 to a line and then boot.

Return to “Muse Research and Development”