No more NI offline registration!

Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

This may not be news to any of you, but I wanted to share to help others avoid a frustrating situation. Native Instruments has discontinued offline activation of products as of September 2017. I just purchased Sample Modeling's Trumpet (they arranged for me to buy version 2.5 as 3 will not run on Kontakt 5.3.1). Install and registration went fine. I used service center offline on the Receptor to create an activation file as I have done with many Kontakt libraries, opened it on my laptop and clicked to the NI website, activated the registration, but when I tried to download the activation file to open on the receptor I was sent to an error page-please contact support. I put in a ticket , but no word back. Sample Modeling support was kind enough o put in a ticket with NI as well (they do not have any control over registration/activation). I have not read anything on any NI forums that bode well for this situation...other shave run into the brick wall of offline activation not working, but no workarounds that I have seen.

As per other posts in this forum, online activation is a no-go on the Receptor due to issues with the newest version of Service Center and the automatic update feature that is default in the Service Center program. I will update if I get any more info or response from NI.

Shoot. Yeah, I noticed that when I thought about trying to load the free Kinetic Treats they put out. Everything through Native Access on line.
I'm a little paralyzed regarding NI as I was never able to acquire funds for it. I'm hoping that when I do get the funds I will be able to enter a key and S/N and get it going. I was warned by Brian Lanser to get the K9 Ultimate because I may not be able to update it if I get the standard. It's all so precarious to me. I may end up with a standard version soon. Then I will be able to play around and I'll check back in here when I do.

I was curious if the Native Access would work on Receptor though.
Fish Out Of Water
Entune Productions

I looked at the Native Access, but I am afraid to try it now that I have things stable! I use Kontakt 5.3.1 and Absynth from the Komplete 9 update bundle that was included on the receptor when I purchased it. I am not sure what the lack of offline activation will do in your case. I will post if I hear anything back from Native Instruments on options for activation.

There is no more ability to connect Receptor to Native Instruments products. What you have now is what you will have forever - on Receptor.

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 5&t=501822
Fish Out Of Water
Entune Productions

Return to “Muse Research and Development”