Login / Register 0 items | $0.00 New @ KVR
Fishoow
KVRist

204 posts since 5 May, 2014, from New Mexico

Postby Fishoow; Mon Mar 19, 2018 5:59 am NI K9 license info

Hello,

Once again I have been searching for a license SN for the Komplete 9 that is installed in my Trio.
After some discourse with a Native Instruments tech I find that, because the service center is no longer supported, even if I find a used license I will not be able to use it and register the product online because service center is an off-line registration service.
Can someone here guide me through how your Komplete was registered? I am able to get online through a network cable from my receptor, but my understanding now is that I cannot use service center to register any of my products.
Fishoow
KVRist

204 posts since 5 May, 2014, from New Mexico

Postby Fishoow; Mon Mar 19, 2018 11:29 am Re: NI K9 license info

Well, I'm kompletely out of luck. There no way to get the installed K9 to run on my Trio. I'm down to my original Alchemy, Crystal, Revalver, UVI and a handful of free synths and effects.

From NI support:

Stuart Smith
Yesterday at 18:56
Thank you, Mattieu, for your time. I would like to review my options for getting Komplete 9 working on my Muse Receptor.
Komplete 9 Ultimate is installed on my Muse Research Receptor Trio, it is just awaiting the Serial Number to activate. The Komplete 9 Ultimate product is now out of date and the upgrade, K11, includes new instruments and libraries which will not be included in the K9 license. Further, some of the new instruments such as Reaktor 6 is not supported by the Receptor Trio platform.

Options for purchasing purchasing installed NI products for the Receptor Trio are:
1) Find a second-hand license and transfer through NI
2) Purchase a new K11 license and risk some or all products not working on Receptor Trio
3) Purchase individual products licenses for the instruments not upGRADED since K9

Does this sound accurate?

Thank you

Matthieu @ NI
Today at 02:53
Hi Stuart,

Thank you for getting back to me about this.

I omitted a crucial piece of information in our earlier exchange.
Since September 2017, we do not support offline activation anymore and so you wouldn't be able to activate products using Service Center for your Muse Receptor.
I apologize for missing on this information as it would have saved you some time researching about the possible activation.
Best regards,
Matthieu @ NI

Stuart Smith
Today at 07:50
Ah, I see.
To verify, of the three options I listed earlier, none of them will work because my Receptor Trio can only use a version of Service Center that is no longer supported.

This is correct?

Matthieu @ NI
Today at 08:22
Hi Stuart,

Yes you wouldn't be able to activate it using Service Center as you wouldn't be able to generate the offline activation file. Unfortunately we don't support such activate at all anymore and so it makes it impossible to activate your products on devices such as Muse Receptor.
Best regards,
Matthieu @ NI
Fish Out Of Water
Entune Productions

Moderators: Meffy, Kevin@MuseResearch, Bryan@MuseResearch, gary@museresearch, farhan

Return to Muse Research and Development