Plugin License and installation issues (Receptor)

RELATED
PRODUCTS

You wont be able to use ANY edirol VSTs. I was disappointed when I ve got Receptor and I found out that most of pre-installed plugins are very simple and cheap-sounding 2-oscillator analog modeling instruments, I couldnt find ANY usefull piano and almost any of plugins I am using in my PC couldnt be installed (The Grand, Korg Legacy Collection, Arturia Minimoog etc.) By the time I found the way how to install some of my favourite plugins and have found some others, whitch can substitute others, that does not work. My opinion (and suggestion for Muse Research): Receptor is not cheap instrument and it should be shipped with relevant plugins, like one really good grand piano, some elektrik ones, good hammond organ, one really good sampler (like Halion or Gigasampler), vintage analog simulators, orchestral plugins. Sound module should SOUND imediatelly after turning on even by the amateur customer. Ive spent two weeks of hard work to get relevant results, and that is not cool for everybody.

You can order a Receptor with Komplete 4 installed.

Yes I know. Ive just said, that because of relatively high prize of Receptor, it should be shipped with better plugins, thats all. But I have found the way how to make it work and I am very satisfied with my Receptor

MaxReverb wrote:It is completely up to each plugin developer to decide whether or not they wish to charge someone for a "crossgrade" to Receptor. Most developers have indicated that they will provide a crossgrade at no charge.

You may wonder why a crossgrade is needed at all? After all, Receptor runs Windows plugins, right?

The answer is that Receptor *does* run VST plugins that are coded for Windows, however it does *not* run Windows installers. Receptor has a completely different OS and file-structure, plus a unified installation method and copy-protection methodology (iLok). So, while Receptor will theoretically run any well-written VST plugin that conforms to the Windows VST specification, it still requires a unique installer to get that plugin into Receptor.

Contact your developer to see if they'll give you a free crossgrade to Receptor (most will). Once you have approval from the developer, you will be able to download the iLok authorization from plugorama.

Note that we are steadily adding more and more plugins to Receptor (and
plugorama) so, if your favorite plugins aren't yet available on Receptor, they might be soon. If you can't wait, Receptor does give customers a way to try and install unsupported plugins but this is, well, unsupported.
I've had a terrible time with Native Instruments & Eastwest authorizations. I have Akoustik Piano and Silver Strings. The userinstallable download loads fine. Then I go into the authorization process and the Receptor takes me to the old Native Instruments authorization tool. They don't use it anymore. So I'm stranded.

Also, there is a definite harmonic difference between plugins like Sample Tank 2 & Sonik Synth when I compare the sound that they produce on the receptor vs. the sound that they produce when they're used in the more traditional way on my PC.

I deeply regret buying the Receptor.

While there may be solutions, I've found that between Native Instruments & Sweetwater Music, they're not able to supply me with real help. Frankly, Native Instruments could care less if their plugins work on the Receptor. "Sir, the userinstallable download is not our product. It is made by a third party. Sorry...bye."

I'm reasonably good at the processes involved, but when you have 2 or 3 companies that don't really cooperate with a strong support system (as in working together)...it causes a problem.

I don't have 8 hours a day to work on these issues.

I want a refund.
Dwight Gordy

dwightgordy wrote:I've had a terrible time with Native Instruments & Eastwest authorizations. I have Akoustik Piano and Silver Strings. The userinstallable download loads fine. Then I go into the authorization process and the Receptor takes me to the old Native Instruments authorization tool. They don't use it anymore. So I'm stranded.
All NI and NI powered plug-ins now require the use of Service Center. You can download Service Center for Receptor from any of the NI user installable plug-in's page at Plugorama. Here is the Akoustik Piano's page:

http://www.plugorama.com/customer/produ ... ductid=501

Which has links to:

http://www.plugorama.com/downloads/inst ... enter.mrpk
http://www.plugorama.com/downloads/How- ... ceptor.pdf
http://www.plugorama.com/downloads/How- ... ceptor.pdf

pepepe wrote:You wont be able to use ANY edirol VSTs. I was disappointed when I ve got Receptor and I found out that most of pre-installed plugins are very simple and cheap-sounding 2-oscillator analog modeling instruments, I couldnt find ANY usefull piano and almost any of plugins I am using in my PC couldnt be installed (The Grand, Korg Legacy Collection, Arturia Minimoog etc.) By the time I found the way how to install some of my favourite plugins and have found some others, whitch can substitute others, that does not work. My opinion (and suggestion for Muse Research): Receptor is not cheap instrument and it should be shipped with relevant plugins, like one really good grand piano, some elektrik ones, good hammond organ, one really good sampler (like Halion or Gigasampler), vintage analog simulators, orchestral plugins. Sound module should SOUND imediatelly after turning on even by the amateur customer. Ive spent two weeks of hard work to get relevant results, and that is not cool for everybody.
You are ABSOLUTELY correct. In the advertising of Receptor it sounds like you'll get a mountain of great sounds pre-installed. That's where the deception lies. The Receptor itself is made well, as far as I know. And it is a high-tech piece of equipment, for sure. But this thing should be absolutely loaded, for the price. Sure, you can get a Receptor with Komplete 4 in it...but the price is plenty steep. This was a major disappointment for me.
Dwight Gordy

Agreed. Muse would help themselves by creating some relationships with a few good instrument developers to offer full versions already installed that musicians will find immediately useful. It would be a readily understood selling point for musicians and further the idea of making software into hardware.

J

Return to “Muse Research and Development”