Improvement Wishes [Add Yours]

Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi !

just some annotations regarding the work with RECEPTOR (with GUI)

when e.g. selecting in single-mode, it would be great being able to select like that:

with mouse:
-clicking once: sound is selected
-clicking twice: sound is selected and window closed

with keyboard:
- by cursor tabs up/down and sound is selected (=ready to play)
- sound selected by up/down - pressing ENTER confirms that selection again and closes the window

A "problem" as following:
Setting PlugIn "XY" to channel 5.
then I go to SINGLE mode - I have to tell RECEPTOR that I want to play that with masterkeyboard's MIDI CHANNEL 2; when selecting another sound RECEPTOR forgets channel 2 and gives me channel 5 again.
would be great to let RECEPTOR remember that change until I tell RECEPTOR something different...

Thanks for you post, Robert. If others have similar suggestions please add them to this thread so that they are easy to find.
Dan Timis
Software Developer
Muse Research, Inc.

make it a sticky then :D

# being able to create zones and
# velocity switching

Hi !

A "problem" like this:

I'm working with CH 1-VSTi. I want to hear that sound SOLO. I click on SOLO.

Next, I want to listen to CH 2-instrument ONLY.
Clicking SOLO does so - but all other parameters keep those one of CH 1.

It'd be much more comfortable if RECEPTOR switches EVERYTHING when I change the channel... (important for fast working with effects... Otherwise I always have to check the "big button" ..)

Would be fine to at least have an optional function like this to enable...

Rob

It would be nice the following adds to the Remote Control software for Windows XP

1. Be able to shutdown from the Remote Control
2. Remember the las Receptor name used just when start the remote control, so you only need to press Ok.

Robert Karasek wrote:I'm working with CH 1-VSTi. I want to hear that sound SOLO. I click on SOLO.

It'd be much more comfortable if RECEPTOR switches EVERYTHING when I change the channel... (important for fast working with effects... Otherwise I always have to check the "big button" ..)
Could you explain in more detail? I don't understand. What are the parameters from CH 1 that stay the same when soloing CH 2?
Dan Timis
Software Developer
Muse Research, Inc.

DanTimis wrote:
Robert Karasek wrote:I'm working with CH 1-VSTi. I want to hear that sound SOLO. I click on SOLO.

Could you explain in more detail? I don't understand. What are the parameters from CH 1 that stay the same when soloing CH 2?
Hi !

okay - I'll guide you through it:

take "Synth Multi" PAD Hvenly Choir!

I'm solo-ing CH 1. The big button "GTG7" is enabled; also the FX of this path is to see.
Now, I want to hear CH 2 solo - but I don't press the button "LOG Synth".
I only click "SOLO" on CH 2. but still the items of CH1 are enabled ( compare: FX B - cow delay<->mda delay).

would be fine, to have the possibility to choose an option like this:
when I'm solo-ing CH2 I want let change all parameters, too.

It's just a little thing but it would improve somebody's work a lot...

Thanx!

Rob :wink:

Support for Open Sound Control,32 bit precision, to finally take a step ahead the old MIDI
MAX

This is a great forum - and I'm glad to see the engineers participate on this one.

Small Improvement:
Slider (or up down controls) for tempo entry - I'd like to audition speeds on arpeggio playback without knowing an exact value.

Larger Improvement:

1.) Multi Chains -

I often like to align my multis with songs on a set-list
eg.
Song 1 -> Multi 1
Song 2 -> Multi 2

Of course, most bands do not keep static set lists, so it would be great to have chains of multis to step through

eg.
chain 1 ->
Song 4 (Multi 4)
Song 2 (Multi 2)

chain 2 ->
Song 7 (Multi 7)
Song 2 (Multi 2)

So a chain typically aligns with a set list.

2.) Multis with multiple Scenes

Also assuming a Multi is associated with a given Song. Any given song often requires a scene change. This can be as simple as changing a patch number on a single soft-synth on a specific channel. This is generally not a heavy-weight change (like swapping one soft-synth for another, or loading a new sample in a rompler). Two particular things are important here:
a) grouping many scenes with a single multi
b) ability to re-order scenes within a multi

3.) Allowing (limited) annotations with a multi

Let's face it, my memory is not as good as it used to be :help:

It would be good to Name multis analagous to the songs they represent, but there is often other information associated with a song (eg. Key, BPM, telling the guitar player to turn from 11 down to 10 :x).

This might be useful to display in the GUI, and possibly a limited print string available for display on the LCD.

These are the major things I can think of. On my PC, I use Brainspawn "forte ensemble" as a host, and it follows many of these ideas as a "performance" host.

Maybe not everybody would need this level of configurability, but this would certainly suit my needs.

KTL

Here's another one --

Support of for the 'Midi over LAN' product ...

It would be awesome to have 1 or more receptors responding to MIDI with faster response than MIDI interfaces, and more channels available!

KTL

for the studio it would be very nice to have all the plugins running in Receptor while comunicating with a VST host thru ethernet ( "a la" FX Teleport )... shock:

Receptor would need Gigabit Ethernet to have any possibilty for FX Teleport or OSC.

concerning the GUI:

I would very much prefer 2 buttons for selecting plugins (by up/down) in the source-field.

right now, we always have to: click on the plug-in source button -> a window opens - select a plugin - close window.

Would be cool to have 2 buttons (incr./decr.) like we have for choosing the patches in the source-field.

Having those buttons would mean a more comfortable and faster work.

Rob

Support for mono plug-ins, too (instead of stereo plug-ins or multi-channel ones only).

The support of mono synths should work by duplicating the output (oh yeah, I'm sooo clever :lol:

ThanX DanTimis;)

Rob

Return to “Muse Research and Development”