Improvement Wishes [Add Yours]

Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

1. I would like to see some sort of 'MIDI learn' feature added to the GUI/Receptor viewer. That way I could setup controllers much easier to control the mixer, as well as select singles, multis, source patches etc. :D

2. Also support for mono plugins would be nice too :) I have some that work but they get uninstalled when I run the utility :(

3. Lastly, (and this is really dreaming here) how about an affordable 61-key controller that is designed to be used with Receptor. The GUI display could be small but buttons would allow different viewing portions. 8-16 sliders, knobs, etc.

It would be nice if the op could summarize all the wishes in the 1st post.

I won't read 12 pages of comments to see what's what, and for all I care, we could be repeating the same request over and over.

How about an iPad / iPhone app to control the Receptor Remote GUI over USB? :D

rudy.de.volder wrote:Uniwire with Native 64 bit support,
this will improve the performance :P
A lot of musici are using 64 bit now because it has a lot of advantages.
I second that. We need Uniwire support for Windows 7 64-bit. Every other piece of music software that I use supports 64 bit operation.

A nice master limiter/saturator, such as the ubk-1. Receptorised.

I want to echo Robert Karasek's request for more MIDI filtering via Receptor's Mixer (enabling/disabling aftertouch/mod wheel/etc. and setting pitch bend range). I've had this in Kore 2 and Mainstage 2, and it's kind of an obvious thing. However, that's not to say I can't get by, either by programming my controller or changing the patch. Still, this would make a Receptor patch more "portable".

-John

PS: All that said, I've had my Receptor (a used 2 pro max, upgraded from Rev 1C) for a little while now--and after getting over some installation hurdles--I'm HUGELY impressed. The latency and responsiveness is insane!

Id like to be able to "lock" channels in a bank; for instance right now I have an instance of Kontakt running NI Session Strings, while running five VST:s and eight channels of external audio thru my Quattro. If I could somehow lock the Kontakt channel strip, I could set different programs and fx settings and be able to switch between patches with almost zero latency. Mainstage does exactly that... :-)

Meo wrote:It would be nice if the op could summarize all the wishes in the 1st post.

I won't read 12 pages of comments to see what's what, and for all I care, we could be repeating the same request over and over.

Ya. This seems like talking to the wind but I'll give it a try.
Fish Out Of Water
Entune Productions

I would love to see series effects in the Rack GUI of 4tro/3io. Eight audio ins is great unless the one effect you get per channel strip is Trackplug or of the like and any mic needs some conditioning first. Dub style Reggae would be possible without added peripheral effects which is sorta the point of having a Receptor. It's particularly frustrating when the machine CAN do it in the "outdated" mixer mode.
Fish Out Of Water
Entune Productions

I'd like to see more than two effects on OS 2.01 w/o recording into mixer mode. Come on guys, you preload the box with plenty of effects, then only let us process audio ad nauseam?

Bogus... maybe if each plugin had its effect sends and THEN there was a master effect send, yes that would make sense!

Here's the issue, when I'm live, I can't use psp piano verb and mix saturator on a piano while simultaneously running revalver and an tape echo on my organ. In the studio, sure I can split things up a bit. But live.... you lose soooo much warmth in the tone!!!! :pray:
Just play....
……………………………………………………………
RD-700sx, Montage 7, Hammond Xk-3c, Receptor Quattro, Lenovo 720-13, SS v.3, Rokit 6, Neo Vent 2, Komplete, SampleTank, etc, etc, etc

Still looking for a work around for this multi effect issue. I believe the expected use by the developers is to load in a multi use plugin such as a Komplete setup, Papen, or IK thing. I have not purchased any of those. I have been trying to use the free included plugins. I think you're correct that it's somewhat bogus to sell a device with great capabilities and have the architecture not be what is promoted unless you buy another $500-1000 of software. Yes, it came pre-installed and, yes there was a discount offered within the first 90 days or so. I made the mistake of waiting to purchase anything new until I felt fluent with the device. Unfortunately that meant driving myself nuts not being able to do what I needed without purchasing another near $400 of outboard devices and running things through my laptop, which is something that sales promoted as you would not need to do.

I think I'm about ready to purchase NI K8 and it will likely solve a few problems as there are plenty of MIDI controllable effects. I will likely then get rid of most everything else out there as I will not be able to use them in tandem with anything else…

Unless there was a software update.
Fish Out Of Water
Entune Productions

So, after seeing some recent posts about lagging updates on Omnisphere and NI Komplete, I would like to make one more bid for being able to run effects in series in each channel strip in GUI 2.0.1. The Wave Arts TrackPlug is great and it would be great to add some sauce in a send aux but that means everymic gets the same treatment, VOX, VOX 2, Drums, Perc, even guitar and bass if you're looking for an SFX outside the Peavey thing. To be able to mix and match bundled plugins lends to much increased creativity as we will all assemble our own designs.
Fish Out Of Water
Entune Productions

+1 to adding more effects options to Rack mode.

There are several synths that run great on Receptor but have no built-in effects. Being able to save the synth patch + effects routing as a "single" in Mixer mode was very cool.

If the Rack software design does not accommodate that model readily enough, then allowing for more than just two insert/send FX would be a step in the right direction, even if each synth in a rack preset can route to only two busses at a time.

+1 as well for getting an additional effects line. If each synth could have a single bus, then still have the two busses as send or insert (like the incoming audio streams already do!!)

THAT would be a huge step in the right direction. Come on 2.02! Or, 2.1!
Just play....
……………………………………………………………
RD-700sx, Montage 7, Hammond Xk-3c, Receptor Quattro, Lenovo 720-13, SS v.3, Rokit 6, Neo Vent 2, Komplete, SampleTank, etc, etc, etc

Return to “Muse Research and Development”