Unsupported Plugins that work on Receptor!

Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I got Virtual Guitarist to install and instantiate, but it can't find the samples or styles data - despite changing the ini file... any ideas?

Also got Korg Legacy - only the Wavestation synth - to work...

Trying to get FM8 going now...

I'm currently looking for some very good eq and dynamics plugins. Any advice?

[quote="deRoland"]I'm currently looking for some very good eq and dynamics plugins. Any advice?[/quote]

I think Voxengo stuff are good quality and relatively cheap compared to some. You'll have to enter the registration codes into the registry directly though because their registration procedure does not work within receptor.

Jon

Next up: Reverbs. already tried userinstalling my beloved altiverb, but doesn't work this easy.

Audiorealism

ASM (former ABL Pro) Instrument & FX version: work
ADM (drum machine): works
ABL2 Bassline: works*

*you have to copy gdiplus.dll from windows/system directory to Receptor's windows/system directory before you install ABL2. See this thread for more information about this step.

K70S,
Thanks for noting this..! ABL2 actually does not depend on gdiplus for any of its rendering, it must be a left over from some build. I'll remove the dependancy for the next release..

Best regards,

Mike / ABL2 developer

For what it's worth to those who even remember it, I've successfully installed VAZ Modular v3.04 after only adding the appropriate registry entry and copying the necessary files from Program Files\VAZ Modular save the .exe.

I have not yet had a chance to really try everything out, but so far I can load patches and play them with ease. MIDI implementation seems lacking but I may just have to edit the settings.

hi,

my receptor is arriving today, hooray!

q1: if i have unsupported plugins i have purchased that require serials to be entered once the plugin is loaded on receptor can i enter the serial on receptor via receptor remote?

q2: also if i have plugins that require the serial to be entered during install on pc, will the plugins still work when dragged over to the receptor or is there some sort of registry trickery involved?

q3: if i install unsupported plugins that usually access other files/folders on pc do i just copy those files/folder over to the same location on the receptor?

q4: is direct install able to install any windows plugins via windows .exe installers yet?

thanks for your help, im sure ill be asking more questions..... pp.

Hi Prizzle,
prizzle wrote:
q1: if i have unsupported plugins i have purchased that require serials to be entered once the plugin is loaded on receptor can i enter the serial on receptor via receptor remote?
Typically - yes, you can enter them from Receptor remote if they have an authorization entry field.
prizzle wrote:q2: also if i have plugins that require the serial to be entered during install on pc, will the plugins still work when dragged over to the receptor or is there some sort of registry trickery involved?
Sometimes. Often for this, you should check the installer log (or do some hunting in the registry) to see where the auth was entered. Then you need to create equivalent registry hierarchies and keys on your Receptor. It isn't hard to do, you just need to be careful not to change existing keys. Also (by default) Receptor does not come configured with the registry editor. You can do a search on this forum to find instructions how to get the editor enabled on your Receptor.

prizzle wrote:q3: if i install unsupported plugins that usually access other files/folders on pc do i just copy those files/folder over to the same location on the receptor?
Depends on what you mean by 'access'. If you mean things like patch files or banks, you can simply put these anywhere (I tend to keep them in the same folder as the plugin). If they are FXPs or FXBs (eg. in VSTi format, not a specific format to the plugin), you can simply drag these into the "install files here' folder, and the Receptor OS will manage the patches and banks for you.

prizzle wrote:q4: is direct install able to install any windows plugins via windows .exe installers yet?
No, not yet. Only Native Instruments plugins right now. Others will be supported soon (but probably not everything).

Regards,
Kevin L

great, thanks for your help.

ive looked it up and will be enabling the receptor registry editor and copying over the registry entries needed for my plugins. hope it goes ok!

thanks again...... p

Samplelord works - great little sample player and imports many formats

SFZ+ - the pay version works fine and does not conflict with sfz.

Anamark - Great underrated, underappreciated synth

Magnus Ambience & NyquistEQ - Nice effects

TinBrookTales/Daniel Lind Stuff seems to work fine.

I have installed and tested the following:

Togu:
Bassline
U-No 62
Chorus 62
Phaser
Dub II

Tweakbench:
padawan
peach
toad
triforce

E-Phonic:
Drumatic
LOFI

Ugo:
Ironhead

I have not tested all GUI's/functionality on all of them, but they all at least load up, make/process audio, and change presets. I will test further.

Is anyone still keeping an eye on this list? Looking around the database, it seems like there are a few too many "compatibility unknown's" out there. Is that still being updated?

Hi I successfully installed
Tone2 Warmverb and Gladiator.
No Issues so far.

Return to “Muse Research and Development”