Unsupported Plugins that work on Receptor!

Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

tconrardy wrote:Prodyons Robocorder works wonderfully on receptor. You install the i version. I have not had so much fun in a long time. Very cool vocal textures, and not just to try to sing in robot form, but nice vocal like pads and textures. Highly recommended.
Tim,

I downloaded the demo and installed it on Receptor, but couldn't get it to show up in the plugin list. I tried it as a plugin to Ableton Live, but couldn't get it to do anything useful.. Any ideas?

Kermit Jagger wrote:Did you get an error message when installing about a module not registered ? I had that when trying a while back.

actually..yes I did. I have to see about that.

and it's the I version that shows up as an instrument. The other version shows up as an effect.

Tim

Adventus 1.5 works fine, just don't download from the link on KVR, d/l straight from softplug.com
Don't Tech No for an Answer

sonicprojects new vintage string machine emulator "Stringer" works fine on Receptor. Once installed on the PC, just create a new dir in unsupported and put the dll in there. Then create a sub-dir called Stringer and put the SF2 file in there and install away. Has a very nice sound and real vintage vibe to it!

Nice work Peter!

Does anyone have time to see if they can get the SQ80 emulation SQ8L vsti to work please? ( http://www.buchty.net/ensoniq/ ) Doesn't appear to work in the normally install method and the text file that comes with the plugin download mentions that certain files have to be in exact places for it to work. I used to own an ESQ1 and miss it greatly.. would love to have this running on my Receptor...

Thanx,
Al.
Hey, hey.. it's a party.. I want to party too...... Please don't ask me about Mac's tonight.
www.grizzlymedia.co.uk

Hi there,

Nice find, the Alpha of this program is real nice one, I have my ESQm sitting on a shelf as I don't want to sell it, and wanting to find a nice VST to save me dusting it off every time I wanted one of those classic 80's analog sounds. Anyway, tried it on mine and same results, can get it up and listed but no sound. Have logged a call with the good folks at muse and hope to have an answer shortly. I did read a previous post about doing some regedit thing on the the Receptor, maybe this is the workaround, or maybe the programmer may have to write a more "receptor friendly" version.

Will keep you informed

Cheers

Abakos PRO from HERCs Music Systems is working fine and can be registered. After install, just copy the config.txt file to the directory where you installed Abakos PRO.

The only problem was that the preset system used is not FXP but I converted the factory bank, which can be downloaded from the Yahoo group receptorized.

After installing the factory bank, the only snag is that Abakos PRO doesn't display the name of the preset selected. But selection and play are OK.

I managed to get Waldorf Edition installed and working fine. Not the Steinberg one, the new one by Waldorf.

Gory details at the Yahoo group receptorized.

Sylenth1 v1.11 from LennarDigital installs and works fine.

Yes, compatibility with Receptor was announced at 1.11 update announce.
NL3

So say I purchase brand new VSTS like Battery 3 and Massive. I now have to wait till Native Instruments makes a crossgrade before I can even install the vsts? I feel like I would be a generation behind on everything.

Linplug's latest revision to Alpha, the Alpha3, works fine on Receptor as unsupported. You MUST first uninstall Alpha2 however (but it CAN co-exist with AlphaFree which is fully supported by Receptor). Of the ~1066 presets (in FXP format) about 990 of them "receptorized" just fine (just copy the whole lot into the "Drop Installers Here" folder and install away). Like all Linplug synths, the patch browser in the instrument's GUI isn't FULLY functional when the list extends outside of the Receptor window, so Receptorizing the FXP's is highly recommended.

This little baby sounds REALLY good, and is VERY low on CPU consumption. It's sort of like an "Albino-lite" ;-)

Sooo... Supposedly version 1.6 of Receptor is going attempt to get around the installation problem of new vsts. Joy.. Someone said they are working on Native instruments Komplete 4 to see if it does the trick. Keeping fingers crossed.

Great news!!! there's a new version of SQ-8 which is a normal .dll file. I dropped this with the associated data folder into unsupported plugins and it works perfectly!!! just a little graphical wierdness where I can see a part of receptors mix window as well as the plug.... I don't care. I have my Ensoniq sounds back ;-)
Hey, hey.. it's a party.. I want to party too...... Please don't ask me about Mac's tonight.
www.grizzlymedia.co.uk

Return to “Muse Research and Development”