recording in zyn & key tracking

Official support for: zynaddsubfx.sourceforge.net
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

is this feature available?
i use zyn in lmms, but when i hit "record to wav", nothing really happens?
how can i record notes i play on the vk or the notes played by lmms while i'm controlling a knob?
also how can i turn key tracking on?
key tracking is where the velocity controls certain parameters like cutoff, right?
i noticed the dropdown list in the vk, but how do i use this?

I've never used lmms... but...

Record to wav was primarily intended for the standalone only version, which was not to be integrated in any DAW. I don't know how that works in lmms, but lmms should get the sound from ZynAddSubFX, and it should be lmms's job to do the recording, not Zyn's.

What do you mean by: "notes played while controlling a knob"? Do you mean the sound doesn't change in realtime? I've tried to make *some* knobs change the sound in realtime in the VST version, but I don't know how it works in lmms.

Key tracking is usually an option for the oscillator to make different pitches for different keys played on the keyboard. You can find this under Voice Parameters window, and you can tick on 440Hz to make the oscillator not track the keyboard, or control precisely how much tracking is done via the Eq. T

Something related is called frequency tracking, which works for a filter and slightly changes the cutoff according to the key being played (see freq. tr in the filter section).

If you want the filter cutoff to respond to the key velocity, adjust the V.SnsA / .Sns knobs in the filter parameters section.

The dropdown list in the vK is only assigning a controller CC to the slider being drawn on the right (Cval), in the vK GUI. It doesn't do anything else.
Last edited by jackoo on Sun Apr 06, 2014 10:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
== VDX == One Man can make a difference!
My music is on https://soundcloud.com/vdxi | Info | More Info

thanks for the detailed response :)
i now understand what the v.sns buttons were

Return to “ZynAddSubFX”