Percussion

Official support for: zynaddsubfx.sourceforge.net
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

There have been a number of people who have been experimenting with percussion on Zyn/Yoshi, but has anyone produced a full drum set that they'd like to hear used by the rest of us?
It wasn't me! (well, actually, it probably was) - apparently now an 'elderly' so maybe I forgot!

+1

Percussions and others, free or not. There is probably no market for a Zyn sound bank created by professionnal sound designers. A pity...

I'm working on one, but it's far from completely baked. Snare and kick are OK. Toms are more like rotos. I modeled the nodes of a single membrane. I couldn't find detailed info on a tom with a shell and carry head. There's a shaker. The cymbals though are fairly miserable. I have some ideas about layering some filtered PADsynths. My ride is a single bandpassed PADsynth, but it's rather thin. I'm also thinking about making multiple versions of the toms and snares. Don't you think there should be a subtle but audible difference between the left and right stick? Should a single stroke roll, double stroke roll, and fast paradiddle sound exactly the same? This may wind up as an xmz rather than an xiz, and the parts might wind up hitting the CPU hard. My toms are already expensive enough that a roll on the toms gives me XRUNs from eating too much CPU.

I now have a fair collection of percussion patches for Zyn. I started making a kit out of them but quickly realized that was a horrible idea, and went to one instrument per track (I use the VST version) so I could automate volume and pan on a per-instrument basis. I have been meaning to release all of my patches Real Soon Now, just haven't got a round tuit yet.

I had a lot of fun with my drums in my latest piece - the real drummy section starts about 4 minutes in. (28 instances of ZASF :o )

https://soundcloud.com/ish-kabbible/par ... da-moanium
Last edited by ishkabbible on Sun Aug 03, 2014 4:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Well that was rather different. Very enjoyably so :phones:
Those drums are 110% :band:

{tappity}{tappity}
... waiting ...
{tappity}{tap}
Ahem
It wasn't me! (well, actually, it probably was) - apparently now an 'elderly' so maybe I forgot!

Folderol be makin' me look bad with his hundreds of released patches to my, well, none :oops:
Alright alright - I'll get to work on releasing my trove of patches. I'll have to sort out and flag the ones that require my modified version of ZASF..... :scared:

And yes - this piece made a beeline for far left field right off the block, and I was never able to get it to straighten up and fly right, so I just went with it, and in the end it did turn out to be both enjoyable and interesting. But definitely not my typical style :shrug:

Oh - and before you drive yourself crazy trying to get ZASF to do the African drums and bongos, I did those with Radian by @xoxos (physics-based drum simulation). But all of the other percussion is still ZASF.

Return to “ZynAddSubFX”