New development perspectives.

Official support for: zynaddsubfx.sourceforge.net
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Mike777 wrote:Im confused, does this great sounding synth play as vst in windows XP? I want to try it in Sonar. What file to download for vst use?
Hey Mike, I recently got it working as a VST on XP. I am writing my 1st piece with it now, in 19-TET. It definitely has some problems though. I had to put a copy of the zynaddsubfxXML.cfg file in the root directory of my DAW software to get it to load the .cfg on startup. Also save your parameters when you want to save the song. Parameters and tuning files need to be saved/loaded every time. Of course these could just be problems with my old DAW, but I hope these tips help.

Also make sure to change the default directories for sound bank files and such in the .cfg file.

Give zyn time to do it's thing. Trying to click things when zyn is using the processor makes zyn very unhappy.

Though these problems make Zyn a bit of a hassle to work with, the time is made up in sound design. :wink:
Last edited by bwong on Sun Sep 20, 2009 1:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.

what link on the forum? will somebody who managed to compile the win version share it?

jackoo wrote:what link on the forum? will somebody who managed to compile the win version share it?
Edit :

I got the 2008 version at http://sourceforge.net/projects/sonicports/

I have not been able to find a compiled 2009 version for Windows.

Return to “ZynAddSubFX”