Classic ZynAddSubFX VST download

Official support for: zynaddsubfx.sourceforge.net
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

My ASIO buffer is always 256 samples. I never have to change it as my PC is coping with it rather well. 96kHz/256. I had Zyn's internal buffer at 256, always, too. regarding "oscil buffer" I'm not going to touch that ever again! :hihi: I actually remember that someone said it should always be at 512, but I wanted to check it out. :hihi:

It's good to know that changing room size is a well known bug! Thank you. So it just happened that I "pressed the wrong button". Lucky me. :D
It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society. - Jiddu Krishnamurti

you should be able to change the sounds with no crashing... just don't touch that knob :D :D

please let me know if you get any other memory crashes.

Thanks, I will. I'm actually more interested in Zyn's modulation FX, distortion, and echo/delay, than reverb anyway. ;)
It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society. - Jiddu Krishnamurti

AUTO-ADMIN: Non-MP3, WAV, OGG, SoundCloud, YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter and Facebook links in this post have been protected automatically. Once the member reaches 5 posts the links will function as normal.
jackoo wrote:go grab vsthost (free at http://www.hermannseib.com/english/vsthost.htm (http://www.hermannseib.com/english/vsthost.htm) and load the vst dll... it should work pretty well as a stand-alone).
Many thanks, I will try that. I am back at work also :(

The update works well here. cfg file created as promised and all ZynAddSubFX stuff in one folder makes it much more easy and accessible for newcomers, although the install.txt file point 6 about buffer could perhaps be re-written or have an asterisk or a sign to read about buffer notes as 'integer multiple of your ASIO buffer size' will just blow newbie's minds.

And your Vangelis sounds are really spot on :tu: Fun to jam with a nice Valhalla VintageVerb 70's setting on. :)

I am not sure if I am doing something wrong, but for some reason, parameters that were saved with previous version of Zyn, sound different with new version. Any suggestions?

What was the old version number? What OS? What host? Sample rate? ASIO driver buffer size?

Are you sure you have the same oscil size and internal buffer settings?

What kind of parameters sound different?

I haven't touched the synthesis engine, in this update. So I'm thinking your .cfg file is a little different.

If you care to send me and example, I'll test it with this and the previous version and try to help.

LE: I did mess around with some envelope decays, but I really doubt that's the reason.

AUTO-ADMIN: Non-MP3, WAV, OGG, SoundCloud, YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter and Facebook links in this post have been protected automatically. Once the member reaches 5 posts the links will function as normal.
jackoo wrote:What was the old version number?
Previous version means ZynAddSubFX VST v2.4.1.480beta
What OS? What host? Sample rate? ASIO driver buffer size?
Windows 7x64 - VSThost - sample rate: 44100hz - ASIO buffer: 256 samples
Are you sure you have the same oscil size and internal buffer settings?
Yes.. they are the same.
What kind of parameters sound different?
It is hard to explain but IMO Zyn doesn't read properly at least amplitude envelope...

Here is the link to the file with parameters, could you test it in your environment with both version of Zyn? Thanks

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/12080506/bells1.xmz (https://dl.dropbox.com/u/12080506/bells1.xmz)

Hi. Thanks for your report. I could verify what you said. They do indeed sound different.

It seems it has to do with the envelopes.

Seems to me the amplitude envelope D.dt knob is a little bit differently calibrated. I needed to increase D.dt a bit in version 493 to get the sound from 480 (specifically referring to voice 3).

I'm not sure how my changes affected this. I'll try to look this up in the weekend, see if I can find the root cause

diesello wrote:I am not sure if I am doing something wrong, but for some reason, parameters that were saved with previous version of Zyn, sound different with new version. Any suggestions?
Hi. The only way to fix this is to revert to the old envelopes... or to correct the envelope settings for that particular sound.

However, since there's this issue (fixed by fundamental):
http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=318542

the only way to make everyone 'happy' is to put the parameter MIN_ENVELOPE_DB in the cfg file, so anyone can decide for himself.

I recompiled therefore:
ZynAddSubFX VST v2.4.1.494beta

===

- Added line in .cfg file:
<par name="min_envelope_db" value="-40"/>

Notice that -40 dB is the default value, equivalent to that of version 480beta. Having this value ensures that the old patches will sound the same.

The user may change this to a lower value,but the envelopes will rescale accordingly. My favorite value is -100dB (actually used in v493)

For those upgrading from v493, wishing to lower the min DB value, please delete the old .cfg and let Zyn write a new one. After that adjust the parameter 'min_envelope_db' to your needs (using a text editor).
== VDX == One Man can make a difference!
My music is on https://soundcloud.com/vdxi | Info | More Info

I think I would rather use -100dB, at least, myself, because -40dB is certainly not quiet enough, especially when you limit and compress afterwards.

Thank you for the update, Jackoo!

Thanks Jackoo ;)

hi,
i'm interested in an adaptation of the padsynth alg and thought i'd check out zynaddsubfx for the experience.

i've downloaded a v. 2.2.0 from sourceforge, after reading a few posts here, it appears that there is a more stable update.

the update link in the first post of this thread (mediafire or whatever) tells me that my computer is infected and i need to click on a button to clean it.

i'm not interested in clicking that button and having my computer cleaned.

how do i download the more recent version?

i would be happy to provide web real estate to the developer for hosting a safe download (is jackoo nazca paul, or what happened?)
you come and go, you come and go. amitabha neither a follower nor a leader be tagore "where roads are made i lose my way" where there is certainty, consideration is absent.

Hi xoxos,

I'm not Paul. I'm just a guy who picked up the code from linux (at the point where it was at 2.4.1) and ported it (wrapped it) to VST. I added a few things on my own such as basic features for MIDI assignments, parameter automation and GUI threading.

I post my compiles (along with a collection of banks and the sources) on mediafire because I don't have a dedicated hosting service. And I also like to be able to upload a new version without too much trouble.

If you are willing to provide some hosting space for it, please let me know, that would be nice. In the meantime, I can PM you a dropbox link of the latest version (which should be direct download).
== VDX == One Man can make a difference!
My music is on https://soundcloud.com/vdxi | Info | More Info

cheers and thanks for both the link and being just the guy :)

my host (dreamhost) has unlimited bandwidth. because of that, they don't allow multiple users or subaccounts. however, i usually log on each day so if it's a few files and replacing an html document, it will work.
you come and go, you come and go. amitabha neither a follower nor a leader be tagore "where roads are made i lose my way" where there is certainty, consideration is absent.

Return to “ZynAddSubFX”