Classic ZynAddSubFX VST download

Official support for: zynaddsubfx.sourceforge.net
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

boneless wrote:Great idea!
I am used to zyn's effects (especially reverb and eq, which are nicely made and quite effective), and especially in the Linux world, where there is a lack of graphical eqs, being able to jack zyn to an audio track might be nice. Although I find that chorus could be better, and delay should feature a "bpm" mode, so to enter a specific value and not having to find out by trial and error. Even a Midi Clock sync would be great (but this maybe has already been implemented).

I hope these features will eventually be passed on to the Linux standalone version.
Rakarrack, uses the FX of zyn as a stand alone/JACK aware app for a guitar FX rack, it does exactly what you described above, lets audio be processed by the FX.

Though, I'm running RT Jackd and I seem to get an awful lot of nasty xruns on my system...

AUTO-ADMIN: Non-MP3, WAV, OGG, SoundCloud, YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter and Facebook links in this post have been protected automatically. Once the member reaches 5 posts the links will function as normal.
Thanks for your effort on ZYN.
I have try to compile the VST version using MinGW on Vista 32 bit. but I meet a lot of errors. However, I could compile the VST plugin of official Version 2.4.0 and then when I load the compiled dll file with vsthost, the vsthost could not response. When I use your dll file, the vsthost could work well.
Could you please write us a readme file, so that we could know how we can compile your ZYN Vst version on Windows?
Thanks for your time.
jackoo wrote:Hello zyn lovers,

Today I'd like to place here my contribution to this amazing synth.

I implemented in zyn a MidiLearn feature to enable midi parameter automation (:D I guess i managed a lil bit earlier than the official team... hope they don't mind)

UPDATE:
Latest Version:
Download link [2.4.1.419beta]
http://www.mediafire.com/?g2gizcj2z0t (http://www.mediafire.com/?g2gizcj2z0t)

Previous version:
Download link [2.4.1.417beta]:
http://www.mediafire.com/?nnzgh5zhglw (http://www.mediafire.com/?nnzgh5zhglw)

Details about the release:

ZynAddSubFX VST
ver. 2.4.1.415beta (VDX Release)

IMPORTANT:
It is highly recommended to use a VST wrapper to isolate the UI from the host.
(e.g. VstHost v1.37+Legree)
This makes zyn more stable, and frees your host from weird UI behavior (due to FLTK framework).

- make a shortcut to VstHost and add "/slave" at the end of the target field
- install the legree dll in your host vst dir
- load legree from your host, and run vsthost in slave mode
- within vsthost load ZynAddSubFX
- make sure your host is on high priority (in windows). This helps avoid cracks in audio

Midi Learn System:
- Notice there's a new button on the master window, called MIDI
- That opens a new window, where most controls can be assigned to midi controllers
- Click Acquire to go into Acquire mode. This will wait for you to modify a certain knob, or slider
and will add it to the list of Acquired Controls
- Each Acquired Control can be enabled / disabled
- The options are:
CH - midi channel to wait for (1 to 16)
CTRL - midi controller to assign (1 to 127; note that some midi controllers should be reserved)
MIN - minimum knob value (will scale midi value 0 to this MIN value)
MAX - maximum knob value (will scale midi value 127 to this MAX value)
- Note: if you wish to decrease the knob while increasing the midi controller value, just put MIN and MAX reversed (e.g. MIN > MAX)
- If you click on the description text, you can replace the current assignement with a new one
- After you've configured your list, hit the Apply button which should indicate parameters have been stored (by changing its color)
- The system will save the list of midi parameters assigned if one gives the 'Save All Parameters' command, via the file menu, and retreive it with 'Open Parameters'

Controllable parameters (so far)
- Global:
+ Part Vol, V.Sns., Pan (real time)

- ADDsynth:
+ Global Vol, V.Sns, Pan (real time, Global / Voice)
+ Amplitude Envelope (Global / Voice)
+ Amplitude LFO (real time, Global / Voice)
+ Filter Parameters (real time, Global / Voice)
+ Filter Envelope (Global / Voice)
+ Frequency Envelope (Global / Voice)
+ Frequency LFO (real time, Global / Voice)
+ Voice Oscillator Harmonics (real time)

- SUBsynth
+ Global Vol, V.Sns, Pan, Bandwith (real time)
+ Amplitude Envelope
+ Bandwidth Envelope
+ Frequency Envelope
+ Filter Parameters (real time)
+ Filter Envelope

- PADsynth
+ Envelopes & LFOs tab (same as ADDsynth)

- Effects
+ All instrument effects (real time)

I will probably add new parameters, in my next release. The problem is making some PADsynth parameters real time. This may not possible as PADsynth requires computationally intensive fourier calculations to build up its samples.

Change Log (v2.4.1.415beta):

- Made a lot of ADDsynth internal parameters modifyable in realtime (including base oscillator harmonics)
- Implemented VDX Midi Learn System (in order to assign most parameters to midi controllers)
- Minor UI changes
- Many bugfixes and many new bugs added (inherently)
- Export button in PadSynth now really works (:D really!)

Having said that, I need to emphasize that I need your FEEDBACK in order to make this better. As a lot of code was written, and this thing needs to be properly tested.

Therefore I ask you to test the new functionality and bring out eventual bugs. I would need to know how to reproduce them.

PS: Maybe rlahalla can help me again to properly host this :D many thanks for that

xixihaha wrote:Could you please write us a readme file, so that we could know how we can compile your ZYN Vst version on Windows?
I used MSVS8, and based the project on the one I found on sonic ports. You also need all the dependencies and their projects in VS. It takes some time and patience to resolve all the issues. I only released the zyn sources, not all the changes to the dependencies (again, check out sonic ports).

And I'm sorry, but I don't have the time for a step by step readme. If you really need the whole VS project, send me a PM.

Thanks for this great VST! I remember reading there would be no more VST versions a few years ago... Glad to see the VST version is alive again! And being improved.. my favorite free synth by far...
Play it by ear

Might I suggest that if someone builds this from scratch, they note down the dependencies they find and post them here for others?

Disclaimer:
I don't use the VST version so it doesn't affect me.
It wasn't me! (well, actually, it probably was) - apparently now an 'elderly' so maybe I forgot!

folderol wrote:Might I suggest that if someone builds this from scratch, they note down the dependencies they find and post them here for others?
Lemme see... you kinda need:

- PTHREAD ( 1.8 )
- ZLIB (1.2.1)
- MXML (2.0)
- FFTW (3.1.2)
- libPNG (1.2.5)
- JPEG (6b)
- FLTK (1.1.6.....oh my this is a tough one to get it to work)
- VSTSDK (2.3)
== VDX == One Man can make a difference!
My music is on https://soundcloud.com/vdxi | Info | More Info

I have sent you a PM now. Thanks for your help! :lol:
jackoo wrote:
xixihaha wrote:Could you please write us a readme file, so that we could know how we can compile your ZYN Vst version on Windows?
I used MSVS8, and based the project on the one I found on sonic ports. You also need all the dependencies and their projects in VS. It takes some time and patience to resolve all the issues. I only released the zyn sources, not all the changes to the dependencies (again, check out sonic ports).

And I'm sorry, but I don't have the time for a step by step readme. If you really need the whole VS project, send me a PM.

asdfasdf wrote:У Zyn на панели управления "Filter Parameters" частота среза ( С.freq ) зависит от добротности ( Q ) что не есть правильно и весьма неудобно.
Я не программист но был бы рад если кто устранит замеченный недостаток.
В целом новая версия 2.4 оказалась более ресурсоемкая чем 2.2.1.( in Linux ).:help:
Translated with Google Translate:
We Zyn on the control panel "Filter Parameters" cut-off frequency (S.freq) depends on the quality factor (Q) that is not correct and very uncomfortable.
I'm not a programmer but would be glad if anyone noticed eliminate disadvantage.
Overall, the new version 2.4 has been more resource-intensive than 2.2.1. (In Linux).
Dunno if it is acurate but it's done.
Best regards from Johan Brodd.
JoBroMedia since 1996.

Hi Jackoo,
Do you know how to redesign the GUI of zynaddsubfx using some GUI development tools? I mean how we could use some GIU tools to recomiple the UI files(*.c and *.h) compiled by FLTK so that we could redesign the GUI?
Thank you~

Lemme see... you kinda need:

- PTHREAD ( 1.8 )
- ZLIB (1.2.1)
- MXML (2.0)
- FFTW (3.1.2)
- libPNG (1.2.5)
- JPEG (6b)
- FLTK (1.1.6.....oh my this is a tough one to get it to work)
- VSTSDK (2.3)[/quote]

The GUI is designed in fluid, as far as I know, which is part of fltk.

The GUI addons that I made (for MIDI controlling) were very vaguely drawn in fluid and then rewritten directly in C++...

I think you can use fluid to convert its files to c/c++, and I'm not sure it can work the other way around (c to fluid)

Thank you so much to your reply.
It sounds that we still have no method to convert c/c++ file back to the *.fl file...
jackoo wrote:The GUI is designed in fluid, as far as I know, which is part of fltk.

The GUI addons that I made (for MIDI controlling) were very vaguely drawn in fluid and then rewritten directly in C++...

I think you can use fluid to convert its files to c/c++, and I'm not sure it can work the other way around (c to fluid)

Just a few bug-fixes:

ZynAddSubFX VST

ver. 2.4.1.420 beta (VDX Release)
- Fixed sample rate bug at startup (should get host's sample rate properly)
- The line in the cfg file
<par name="user_interface_mode" value="1"/>
is now working doing the folowing:
1 - default window is advanced window
2 - default window is beginner window

The cfg file is being searched in the 'current directory' that is being set by the host (can be the project folder or the hosts folder)

Thanks to V'ger for pointing out the bug, and testing.

Download Link:
http://www.mediafire.com/?fwzwnhgjvn5

Hi Jackoo,
thanks for your work on keeping ZynAddSubFx Vst updated.

I want to ask if this your version include the updates that are in ZynAddSubFX 2.4.1-Pre_1 Announcement at SourceForge page.
2.4.1 (In Beta)
- Azerty layout
- XML bug fixes
- Vibrato/Unison additions
- Reverb rewrite
- DSSI support enabled
- Adding APhaser
- other bugfixes
- code cleanup
Greetings.

still weird things going on when i use it in ableton-
any gui related action takes a while to happen.

pbhs wrote: I want to ask if this your version include the updates that are in ZynAddSubFX 2.4.1-Pre_1 Announcement at SourceForge page.
2.4.1 (In Beta)
- Azerty layout => no?! no idea. Don't ppl use keyboards? :D
- XML bug fixes => as far as I know XML is fine
- Vibrato/Unison additions => Unison (in an earlier state?) was borrowed from the linux version (don't know if it's the final state, will have to check). I don't know about a new vibratio function

- Reverb rewrite => if it's the bandwidth reverb, it's in
- DSSI support enabled => not applicable
- Adding APhaser => not in (should see what this is)
- other bugfixes => haven't cross checked
- code cleanup => some cleanup :D

Unfortunately I don't have a lot of time on my hands, these days. Cross-checking with the linux stuff is not a trivial task.
shanecgriffo wrote: still weird things going on when i use it in ableton-
any gui related action takes a while to happen.
That has always been an issue (VSTSDK doesn't like FLTK, and rewriting zyn's GUI is not really feasible). If you want not to affect the gui, wrap zyn inside vsthost (though it won't automatically save your settings anymore)

Return to “ZynAddSubFX”