Classic ZynAddSubFX VST download

Official support for: zynaddsubfx.sourceforge.net
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Tried it in minihost. It didn't crash while changing presets, even if changing too fast while the tail of the previous sound is still heard.

Only issue is that I have to setup the banks/presets directory each time. It doesn't save it. I edited the cfg file also but that didn't help either.

To make it a bit more faster, I saved the banks folder as a favorite folder. Now, I don't have to dig down to the actual folder in order add it. Is there an easier way?
satYatunes - Sound and Graphic Designer
Beautiful UI and skins for VST plugins.
Website | Portfolio

you have to move the cfg file, after you edited it in the folder where you have minihost.exe

Did you try that?

This should be even better:

ZynAddSubFx VST v2.4.1.445alpha

- Made it fade-out when told to shut-up
- Finally fixed the crash when unloading in eXT 1.41

There :P It should be more of a rock now....

====
VDX
Last edited by jackoo on Fri Mar 11, 2011 7:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
== VDX == One Man can make a difference!
My music is on https://soundcloud.com/vdxi | Info | More Info

Thx for the updates Jackoo, but Reaper will not load this, whether in wrapper or normal. No GUI, no sound.
jackoo wrote:Please have your zynaddsubfxXML.cfg file in the root folder of your DAW. (The same folder where you have your *Daw*.exe file, in your case the same folder where you have cubase.exe).

If you use another exe to load the dll, like for instance vsthost, then please put the cfg file in the folder where you have vsthost.exe

This cfg file contains some important info about how the VST should behave.

<par name="user_interface_mode" value="1"/>

This tells zyn what default interface to use. 1 = advanced; 2 = beginner;
Don't know if this has changed with the latest versions, but for 2.4.1.43, the cfg file must be where the project file is in Reaper, not where Reaper.exe is. And the user interface options are 0 = advanced, 1 = beginner.

V'ger wrote:Thx for the updates Jackoo, but Reaper will not load this, whether in wrapper or normal. No GUI, no sound.
Damn... I forgot something....

Please try this instead :)

ZynAddSubFx VST v2.4.1.446alpha

Does this load, V'ger? Really sorry, but when one changes a lot, one also adds a lot of mistakes... :(

LE:
V'ger wrote:Don't know if this has changed with the latest versions, but for 2.4.1.43, the cfg file must be where the project file is in Reaper, not where Reaper.exe is. And the user interface options are 0 = advanced, 1 = beginner.
I'm sorry but simply sounds crazy! :D
1 = advanced
2 = beginner
0 = was originally another window that asked between beginner and advanced, but was disabled, and should not be used. Oh yeah... 0 might show up the advanced now... :)

LE2: Now it seems that legree has a problem with multiple outputs :D I have to load legree, start vsthost in slave mode, load zyn in vsthost, unload legree in main host, reload legree in main host... weird

Anyway, with the multiple outputs version, you should probably not use legree and vsthost at all. Just try to have the zyn dll loaded normally.

Hi,
I love Zyn.
So I created about 23 Presets for it. Mostly Voice Choirs, but also some Arpeggio Targets and Bells.
They are here:
www.sonicdawn.de/RB_Zyn_Presets_(xmz).zip
Use them or abuse them. Up to you. :roll:

I tested the 2.4.1.442alpha by embedding it in Temper 1.4 VST (they have this new Temper 1.4 VST at angryredplanet.com) and this again as a VST in Ableton 8.2.2beta4. Crashed on me after 1 minute upon changing the Zyn Effects, even bringing down the host software.

I will test the 446alpha tonight. Both in Cubase 5.5.2 and Ableton Live 8.2.2beta5. In Reaper 3.76pre1 I could also test Zyn.

Cheers, and please try embedding Zyn in Temper VST while using Temper as a VST plugin in your host of choice. Do report here what happens, how stable Zyn is now.
Cylinder Xeon Hexacore 3,5GHz, 64GB RAM, SSDs. DualBoot Mojave/LinuxMint. Steinberg UR22mkII USB audio. M-Audio Axiom 61.
Ableton Live 10, Cubase Pro 12, Logic Pro X
https://www.youtube.com/@landosonic/videos

Yes the last version loads and runs fine in Reaper, both wrapped and normally, cheers. But I find the transport in Reaper to be slightly more sluggish to start and stop so will continue with 2.4.1.431beta as I didn't really have any problems with it.

@UnderwaterSunlight: Thx for the presets, will try them all later.

Works like a charm. I loaded up the 64 instance project from before (with all outputs on each instance). It loaded up fast, but then hung ("not responding") for about 30 seconds... I was about to force cubase to close, but BAM KABLAM it loaded up.

Works wonders.

@bjporter: that's actually normal. in order to avoid some racing conditions loading and unloading and changing presets is a little slower. but it should not crash! i imagine so many instances will take some time to load.....
but i hope you don't need so many in real life :)

@V'ger,
could you please tell me what the 'transport' is and what do you mean it is sluggish? what operations do the start and stop actually do? are both start and stop sluggish? do you think that stop might call the suspend function? does stop try to kill the sound completely? (leaving no tracing sound)

@UnderwaterSunlight
could you please tell me which effects crashed the vst? can you reproduce the crash? and many thanks for the presets!

Jackoo,

It's all about extreme regression testing :D :D

V'ger wrote:Thx for the updates Jackoo, but Reaper will not load this, whether in wrapper or normal. No GUI, no sound.
jackoo wrote:Please have your zynaddsubfxXML.cfg file in the root folder of your DAW. (The same folder where you have your *Daw*.exe file, in your case the same folder where you have cubase.exe).

If you use another exe to load the dll, like for instance vsthost, then please put the cfg file in the folder where you have vsthost.exe

This cfg file contains some important info about how the VST should behave.

<par name="user_interface_mode" value="1"/>

This tells zyn what default interface to use. 1 = advanced; 2 = beginner;
Don't know if this has changed with the latest versions, but for 2.4.1.43, the cfg file must be where the project file is in Reaper, not where Reaper.exe is. And the user interface options are 0 = advanced, 1 = beginner.
Seemslike wherever i put the cfg file makes no difference. I tried putting it in the folder with reaper.exe, in the reaper project folder, in the vst folder, but it keeps starting up with the beginner UI although cfg file says 1. Also, in the settings buffer size stays 256 although cfg file says 512.

I also keep having trouble loading .xmz files (presets, parameters or whatever they are called.) i can load one per instance (only in advanced UI) but when I change the preset (even after clearing the parameters) zyn crashes. (I don't know if this is realted but when i clear a preset the name of the first loaded preset doesn't disappear from the top of the zyn UI window).
BTW I already mentioned this problem in the OSC 26 thread but I thought it's more appropriate here.

It's really a damn shame cause I really love the sound of this synth...

greetings

Are you sure there are no duplicate config files anywhere? And note that Reaper project folder means the exact folder where your Zyn song is, not just the parent folder.

There are some nice xmz files out there, but honestly the regular presets (in the banks) are just as good a starting point so might want to go with that for now.

But one trick might be to try a clean project with only 1 Zyn (try also other hosts like Minihost), and load xmz's there. Then save your faves as regular presets or even Reaper tracks (if they are multi-channel), and go from there.

@Jackoo: When I start play (DAW transport starts) in Reaper, there is a slight pause before anything happens, but I guess you've done this on purpose for stability? When I hit stop, there is also a slight hesitation before it does so, but there is tracing sound.

ok... going back to beta...

Presenting:
ZynAddSubFx VST v2.4.1.448beta

- Fixed bug that crashed GUI when selecting 'Open xmz' for the second time
- Forget about the wrapper!!
- Now when you close the dummy window, the VST unloads FLTK. So no strange GUI effects, on the host, while the dummy window is closed!
- If you experience crashes when unloading, please make sure you close the dummy window before you unload the VST
- The banks and presets are read from C:\Program Files\ZynAddSubFX
- The cfg file is ALWAYS read from C:\Program Files\ZynAddSubFX
- If the cfg file is not found, it will be crated by the VST
- If you change settings within the VST (like buffer size) it will automatically save them to the cfg file!
- Added some bank presets from UnderwaterSunlight :) (see RB Zyn Presets folder)

*Note* If you wish to control whether to unload or not the FLTK on dummy close,
go to settings and activate 'dump notes'. If this is active, the VST will only unload FLTK
when in turbo mode, otherwise it will just hide the GUI

INSTALLATION:
Please manually copy the banks folder to C:\Program Files\ZynAddSubFX
Also when first starting Zyn, the cfg file will be created with default values
Go to Settings, and put in the buffer value your real ASIO BUFFER SIZE
Unload Zyn. This will save the changes to the cfg file.
Next time you load zyn, it will read the new buffer size.

====================================================
@V'ger: Is the start/stop still sluggish?

Now this should be a real goody, because with the FLTK unloaded, no more strange GUI effects should be experienced by the host, hence no need for a wrapper (ok... after you close zyn's GUI...but still an improvement). Please try to use the dll as it is, and feedback to me how that works.

Also from now on, I expect no more problems with the cfg file. The VST should take care of that on its own.

===
VDX
== VDX == One Man can make a difference!
My music is on https://soundcloud.com/vdxi | Info | More Info

Wow, lot's of nice new changes. The menu fix will be welcome for many although I already had a workaround with floating VST window in Reaper and Zyn always on top set with a 3rd party app.

Everything works very well here, the play/stop lag is also gone.

Only thing was that I tried to keep my old config file (in C:\Program Files\ZynAddSubFX) but the banks wouldn't load until I let Zyn write a new one from scratch after which everything was ok.

So much nicer to have the config and presets working no matter where the project is started from. (although ideal location would still be in the folder where the dll is).

Even the crashing when switching presets seems to be cured now. :)

Return to “ZynAddSubFX”