Login / Register  0 items | $0.00 New#KVRDeals

Classic ZynAddSubFX VST version

DiZed
KVRer

2 posts since 5 Sep, 2011

Postby DiZed; Wed Jul 15, 2015 10:32 pm Re: Latest ZynAddSubFX VST version

vstplanet.com announced version 2.5.1 but I could not find anywhere vst..
m5g
KVRist

30 posts since 5 Nov, 2008

Postby m5g; Sun Jul 26, 2015 10:30 am Re: Latest ZynAddSubFX VST version

Please latest 2.5.1 VST binaries )
fundamental
KVRist

439 posts since 21 Oct, 2008, from USA

Postby fundamental; Sun Jul 26, 2015 10:58 am Re: Latest ZynAddSubFX VST version

The VST version has not been updated to 2.5.1, the standalone and DSSI version have been updated.
Due to a split codebase it may be a while before the 2.5.x changes get propagated to the VST version.
One of the developers on the ZynAddSubFX open source synth
The author of the Zyn-Fusion UI for ZynAddSubFX
m5g
KVRist

Postby m5g; Sun Jul 26, 2015 11:51 am Re: Latest ZynAddSubFX VST version

Thanks for the info
djbarney
KVRer

9 posts since 5 Feb, 2015

Postby djbarney; Sun Aug 23, 2015 6:48 am Re: Latest ZynAddSubFX VST version

fundamental wrote:The VST version has not been updated to 2.5.1, the standalone and DSSI version have been updated.
Due to a split codebase it may be a while before the 2.5.x changes get propagated to the VST version.

OK, I found the VST version. Thanks for that ! But the "the standalone and DSSI version" remains elusive unless you were referring to the Linux standalone version ? Is there an up to date Zyn stand alone for Windows ? Otherwise I'll stick with the VST.
The Traveler
KVRist

63 posts since 12 Jul, 2015

Postby The Traveler; Mon Sep 07, 2015 7:54 pm Re: Latest ZynAddSubFX VST version

Please excuse the possibly silly question, but exactly what is the latest Windows vst version? I've seen 2.5.0 mentioned, but according to everything I've researched, 2.4.1.496beta is what I've found, and that is listed on the first page of this forum. Just curious.

And, before I forget my manners, thank you so much for maintaining this incredible synth. I'm just starting to scratch the surface of it's capabilities, but I'm totally amazed and having a ball exploring the possibilities.

Cheers and thanks again.
“I'd far rather be happy than right any day.” ~ Arthur Dent, Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy
scintillator
Banned

Postby scintillator; Mon Sep 07, 2015 10:04 pm Re: Latest ZynAddSubFX VST version

Google is your best friend:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/zynaddsubfx/
http://zynaddsubfx.sourceforge.net/

And also this from a few posts above:
fundamental wrote:The VST version has not been updated to 2.5.1, the standalone and DSSI version have been updated.
The Traveler
KVRist

63 posts since 12 Jul, 2015

Postby The Traveler; Tue Sep 08, 2015 4:18 am Re: Latest ZynAddSubFX VST version

Yes, thanks. I had previously located those versions and found the reference to 2.5.1 having not been compiled to a Windows vst yet, but a bit of "chatter" had me looking anyway ...

The question may be moot as I'm planning to move to a Mac soon. :)

Cheers.
“I'd far rather be happy than right any day.” ~ Arthur Dent, Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy
akira
KVRist

331 posts since 14 Jun, 2004

Postby akira; Mon Nov 30, 2015 11:26 am Re: Latest ZynAddSubFX VST version

I just downloaded the current version!
But how I can use the new GUI?
m5g
KVRist

Postby m5g; Wed Feb 10, 2016 12:29 am Re: Latest ZynAddSubFX VST version

Any news on fresh VST builds?
jackoo
KVRian

544 posts since 3 Jul, 2006

Postby jackoo; Wed Feb 10, 2016 8:52 am Re: Latest ZynAddSubFX VST version

umm... has anyone been working on this since I retired?
== VDX == One Man can make a difference!
My music is on http://soundcloud.com/vdxi
fundamental
KVRist

439 posts since 21 Oct, 2008, from USA

Postby fundamental; Wed Feb 10, 2016 9:41 am Re: Latest ZynAddSubFX VST version

jackoo wrote:umm... has anyone been working on this since I retired?

Not really to the best of my knowledge.

There was one dev who was interested in integrating some of the modifications back into the mainline, but no major developments have come of that so far.
One of the developers on the ZynAddSubFX open source synth
The author of the Zyn-Fusion UI for ZynAddSubFX
caonoize
KVRist

89 posts since 24 Feb, 2013, from United States

Postby caonoize; Thu Feb 11, 2016 7:55 am Re: Latest ZynAddSubFX VST version

Any chance of your un-retiring?
jackoo
KVRian

544 posts since 3 Jul, 2006

Postby jackoo; Thu Feb 11, 2016 2:29 pm Re: Latest ZynAddSubFX VST version

caonoize wrote:

Any chance of your un-retiring?
That is very unlikely.
Marginal Ray
KVRist

157 posts since 21 Feb, 2011, from Paris (France)

Postby Marginal Ray; Tue Mar 15, 2016 7:18 am Re: Latest ZynAddSubFX VST version

Hi,

As Zyn user for a long time, I'm so happy of ist rebirth... as VST, in a Windows environnement. When will ZYN 3 be available for Windows ?

I posted some reviews in french audio web sites, like Audiofanzine with the conclusion that there is no better sounding synth as Zyn.

Happy that's free, but I would pay for it.

Synthmaster is an alternative because it's multi synthesis and very powerful, but the sounds are mostly cold and often too "electronic" for pop rock music. In a way, Zyn sounds like a real music instrument when others sounds like... software (I know that in reality, there is no real difference between softsynths and a digital keyboard like Access Virus, because digital is digital). But Zyn has a kind of "natural vibration" making the sound living. Probably because ramdonness and unlinearity are very well implemented, and because the synth is so powerful, making it possible to sculpt the sound.

I hope sound designers will create new banks for Zyn 3.

Last wish : importing samples and SFZ files, like Synthmaster or Alchemy (Camel audio, now Apple Logic Pro) do...

... and last question : Is Paul Nasca involved in Zyn 3 ?

Raymond

Music partially done with zyn (main synth, beside guit and drum software, and vocal samples) : http://www.marginalray.com
The song "avatar où es-tu passé ?" is 100 % zyn, except some drums.
PreviousNext

Moderator: paulnasca

Return to ZynAddSubFX