10 years anniversary of ZynAddSubFX

Official support for: zynaddsubfx.sourceforge.net
RELATED
PRODUCTS

aMUSEd wrote:Is there not a Mac version?
Well the original site has disappeared, but IIRC the binary package for ben powers osx version can still be found.
One of the developers on the ZynAddSubFX open source synth
The author of the Zyn-Fusion UI for ZynAddSubFX

2002 was a really good year for freebies- Crystal also came out that year. Both brilliant but very different from each other, which is great.

I'd love a 10 year anniversary "new skin" :D

Still sounds wonderful after all these years...
Play it by ear

I got a new skin when I was ten years old. Then another slightly larger and hairier one when I was 20. That ones got to last.

Didn't i see a new skin somewhere for this? or maybe it just a different colour scheme. I'll have a look tom.

And nearly forgot, thanks for ZynAddSubFX and well done for being useful for 10 years,

bob bobwood wrote:http://web.archive.org/web/200601281413 ... index.html
any use to mac lubbers ?
Thanks

Zyn sounds so great, so close to hardware, that it's a real shame to let it die.

Paul Nasca is not only a developper. He has the musical ear. Zyn is a fantastic music instument (I tested tons of synths).

Something MUST be done to go back to work, to achieve ZYN 2. Or may Zyn be integrated in commercial synths (Camel Audio is working on the second version of Alchemy, sharing with Zyn an additive engine). What is Paul Nascas wish ?

Is it possible that sound designers create new banks (free or commercial) for Zyn ?

Raymond (Paris - excuse my bad english)

www.marginalray.com

Wow! Well happy anniversary and thank you so much for creating this synth. I have been having a blast playing with it! (Just put a new piece up on soundcloud last night http://soundcloud.com/ish-kabbible/elephino )

Marginal Ray wrote:Something MUST be done to go back to work, to achieve ZYN 2.
Zyn development is alive and well - Jackoo (aka VDX) has a very nice VST version of it (that's what I've been using lately, with Podium), and it appears that development is still happening on the linux side as well. I am still working out some "issues" with getting it to compile (and run, which apparently costs extra) in my windows environment, then I plan to start contributing code to the project as well.

ishkabbible wrote:Wow! Well happy anniversary and thank you so much for creating this synth. I have been having a blast playing with it! (Just put a new piece up on soundcloud last night http://soundcloud.com/ish-kabbible/elephino )
Very nice work. I especially like the way you interleave the 'choir'. Did the 'singers' give you much trouble? :D

... and another thing,

Both Zyn and her young daughter Yoshi are doing quite well. There was a time about 3-4 years ago when things weren't looking so good, but I think we are over the 'hump' now.

Why female?

Demands all your time and resources.
Can throw a massive hissy fit.
But oh what joy she brings and how sweetly she sings.
It wasn't me! (well, actually, it probably was) - apparently now an 'elderly' so maybe I forgot!

Thanks for this marvellous piece of software and code.

Discovery Pro took good care of Zyn PadSynth re-synthesis :)

folderol wrote: Did the 'singers' give you much trouble? :D
I had a LOT of trouble early on, until I realized that I was using a brain-dead windows build. The singers on "Deadly Zyn" were a real pain - I even had to transpose the piece to avoid a couple of notes that wouldn't play right.
Once I discovered the forums here and y'all hooked me up with a much newer, stable build things have been going great. I am very comfortable with the myriad controls since I come from a modular analog background. Still don't completely understand the PADsynth (probably ought to read the paper, eh?).
folderol wrote:Demands all your time and resources.
Can throw a massive hissy fit.
But oh what joy she brings and how sweetly she sings.
Very well put!

paulnasca wrote:Hi.
In 25 September 2002 I released the first version of ZynAddSubFX.
ZynAddSubFX blows my mind! The sounds are beautiful and constatly amazes no matter what knob i turn, I am so grateful :-) And the source is there, yet another adventure to dig into :-) ZASF sounds like no other synthesizer I've ever heard.

Thank you soo much Paul, you're awesome!!

Was Paul's last post really in Sept of 2012?
Reality is a Condition due to Lack of Weed!

bob bobwood wrote:http://web.archive.org/web/200601281413 ... index.html
any use to mac lubbers ?
No - PowerPC only

Return to “ZynAddSubFX”