Modulation Wheel Settings (Latest Windows VST)

Official support for: zynaddsubfx.sourceforge.net
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Don't know if this has been addressed before, but patches with modulation wheel settings don't reset when saved/opened. I have to manually move the modwheel everytime up and down to reset after loading the patch. I am not sure if this has s.th. to do with the virtual keyboard, but the value there is 64 (and not 0)

Last edited by studio4 on Fri Jun 28, 2013 3:35 pm, edited 3 times in total.

You could try using Reapers joystick midi control,
and midi learn the mod wheel to a spring loaded joystick.
The resolution might be less than the midi spec, but a high quality
game pad might be good enough. If it was useful, you could place some trimmed
sticky pads or layered duct tape, to form a channel,
to keep the axis from wandering left/right.

You may be surprised at how much synth control a good gamepad has :-o

http://subtersonic.weebly.com/1/post/20 ... oller.html

Cheers

Maybe i was unclear, but it is not a hardware problem. The modwheel value is always 64 after loading the synth when it should be 0.

In the absence of any cc info the default mod wheel setting for zyn (and yoshi) has always been 64. I have no idea what other synths do, but looking at it logically there is no way any soft-synth can tell the power-on state of a hardware controller.

Personally, I just give the controller a quick nudge before playing, and if I'm recording to MIDI (as I usually am) that records the controller state as well.
It wasn't me! (well, actually, it probably was) - apparently now an 'elderly' so maybe I forgot!

In the absence of any cc info the default mod wheel setting for zyn (and yoshi) has always been 64. I have no idea what other synths do, but looking at it logically there is no way any soft-synth can tell the power-on state of a hardware controller.
I can't think of any other synth where the default mod wheel setting is not 0.
Personally, I just give the controller a quick nudge before playing, and if I'm recording to MIDI (as I usually am) that records the controller state as well.
Sure, but this is annoying. Like if every patch you load is muted by default.

Hi!

This doesn't seem too difficult. I'll have a look at the code, and probably fix it during the weekend.

You'd like to have a zero default setting or also memorize the state when saving states?
== VDX == One Man can make a difference!
My music is on https://soundcloud.com/vdxi | Info | More Info

Thanks, great to hear, both would work for me, so whatever is easier to implement.
Image Image

Hi studio4,

This is a quick and dirty patch that should default the modwheel to 0 instead of 64. I'm currently moving to a new home, and my equipment is mostly in storage, so I couldn't really test this. But my guess is that I modified the correct code.

Please try replacing the 496 dll with the folling one, and feedback to me.

patch zyn 497 (hosted on mediafire)

http://www.mediafire.com/?au6hayyt79p88jz

Perfect. Thank you!
Image Image

Is this patch also included in version 499?

yes

Ah.... now I know why the Mod Wheel was defaulted to 64.
Being defaulted to 0, one spends 2 hours trying to figure out why the frequency LFO doesn't work!! oh dear...

Hmm. This has a number of 'interesting' implications.

If the mod wheel is directly tied to the AddSynth frequency envelope, is it also tied to the PadSynth one, and what if they've been set differently. Presumably, if you send any mod wheel info at all, you'll bork your settings. No time to investigate right now :(
It wasn't me! (well, actually, it probably was) - apparently now an 'elderly' so maybe I forgot!

Return to “ZynAddSubFX”