load an instrument bank at startup

Official support for: zynaddsubfx.sourceforge.net
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

that is, not loading a single instrument but loading for example "Arpeggios" or even better, the excellent "Collection". Why? Because I will then be able to use the MIDI Program Change to switch the instrument.

Is it doable?

Um, the midi program change event is already handled.

If you have had problems with it (in terms of xruns or glitches), then they are all fixed in the development branch 'abs'.
One of the developers on the ZynAddSubFX open source synth
The author of the Zyn-Fusion UI for ZynAddSubFX

yes I know, Program Change is working fine. But not very useful if I cannot load an Intrument Bank at startup - for example the "Collection".

Is there a problem in using the MIDI bank select CC?

yes it is working, but is zynaddsubfx reopening the last bank loaded at startup? not sure... also in the bank 4 (collection i think) i have a crash for program change 29:

Program received signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault.
[Switching to Thread 0x7ffff4dd3700 (LWP 3184)]
0x00000000004be893 in PADnoteParameters::generatespectrum_bandwidthMode(float*, int, float, float*, int, float) ()

yeah, it appears to startup with the last used bank selected. That's likely stored in the dot file for other config vars, though I didn't verify that.

As per a segfault, I have not seen one of those with messing around with the collections bank.
Could you build from git in the debug mode and verify that it is still there.
With the debug flags enabled the backtrace should show something a bit more specific to define the problem.

As far as I know, all versions of Zyn (and Yoshi) remember the last loaded bank. This is shown in the title bar of the 'Instrument Bank List' when you open it, but not in the editable bank window for some reason.

I've not had any problems with my collection loading, but which particular instrument was it? A few of them are really complex multi-part kits so this might be causing a problem grabbing/moving memory. I know there is such an issue for Zyn loading big patch sets (.xmz).
It wasn't me! (well, actually, it probably was) - apparently now an 'elderly' so maybe I forgot!

folderol wrote:A few of them are really complex multi-part kits so this might be causing a problem grabbing/moving memory. I know there is such an issue for Zyn loading big patch sets (.xmz).
What issue with .xmz files are you referring to?
With the pre-abs versions there might be some latency stuff going on, but under no circumstance should there be segfaults.

With the current release version of standalone Zyn (never tried the vst version) if you load in say 8 or 9 patches across the 16 available channels then save the set, when you try to reload it the synth engine disappears from jack but the gui is still there. At first I thought it was Yoshi saving them wrongly but it's the same if you build up the patch set with Zyn.
It wasn't me! (well, actually, it probably was) - apparently now an 'elderly' so maybe I forgot!

yeah, that sounds like a latency thing which is 100% fixed in a robust way in the abs branch.

Return to “ZynAddSubFX”