Heartbeat

Official support for: zynaddsubfx.sourceforge.net
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Does anyone have a good prescription how to create a sound of heartbeat in Zyn (realistic as is possible)?

I came up with this: Make a new instrument, disable ADDsynth and enable SUBsynth. Edit SUBsynth like so:
In top center, Turn Bandwidth all the way up. On left, enable Filter. In Filter Parameters, turn Center Frequency down to around 40 (adjust it to taste, later). In Filter Envelope, click the E to get the envelope editor window. In that window, click Freemode to enable and then Add Point until there are (at least) 7 total. Switch the Sustain to 5 (or whichever is the highest selectable point, 2nd to last). Now you have to drag points around to make 2 "ramps". The first and last points should be all the way at the bottom, and dragging the last point changes the overall envelope length. Either ignore the variable timing and just target the one length you want, or else play around and find a balance between the overall length of the envelope (shown in ms at bottom right) and the Stretch knob. I used ~90ms envelope and stretch knob at ~60. I didn't tweak it for that long but it gives at least a handful of keys that sound "right" as far as pitch vs duration. C2 is pretty good. Then play around with the shape of the ramps. Here's a picture of mine:
subenv.png
The obvious problem is it doesn't loop, you get one heartbeat. Repetition and rate are up to you and/or a sequencer. Since real heartbeats inevitably come with a lot of low-pass filtering, I figure not a lot of detail is needed-- well, unless you want it to sound like the microphone is right in someone's chest cavity... Anyway, good luck, have fun.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “ZynAddSubFX”