ZynAddSubFX/UI Concept 2014

Official support for: zynaddsubfx.sourceforge.net

What do you think about new UI design concept 2014 by Budislav?

It is user-friendly interface and definitely should be a new look!
89%
Graphic is nice but it's not user-friendly.
7%
It is user-friendly interface but I don't like graphic look.
4%
I don't like nothing here.
No votes

Total votes: 27

RELATED
PRODUCTS

Here is my new concept for ZynAddSubFx user interface http://budislavtvp.deviantart.com/art/Z ... -455890191.
Design is very user friendly and it is based on one single window.
I worked on this project over six month. It is very hard to explain everything, but generally is understandable, I think.
Please answer on the poll. Cheers! :tu:
Last edited by budislav on Sun May 25, 2014 11:59 am, edited 3 times in total.

Wonderful work!
SoundCloud * Albums:"Elarchimeriac" "Imnixtimnuor" "Paustiufrutaa"
Join me and other ambient music passionates at AmbientOnline.org

yep, looks fantastic! would be great to have this as real gui.
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

Nicely done! :)
I'm not a musician, but I've designed sounds that others use to make music. http://soundcloud.com/obsidiananvil

Thank you people! If there are developers interested to work on this I would explain everything.

I am very much interested in this, however I will be traveling out of the country within 24hrs so, I don't have much time for a proper conversation on it at the moment.
Unless I've missed something in the past this is the first mockup that both looks solidly great and doesn't resort to dropping parameters left and right.
One of the developers on the ZynAddSubFX open source synth
The author of the Zyn-Fusion UI for ZynAddSubFX

I'm very glad to hear that. Don't worry, we will find time when you come back. Have a nice trip.

Nice. I like this MUCH more than the current interface. I hope it gets implemented.

Awww that would be so wonderful, Zyn is such a nice sounding synth and you r design work looks great.

Wow, looks good. Would be a freshup for Zyn.

:o :hyper: :wheee: :clap: :tu: :party:

This looks much better than the default Windows98 oldschool GUI!

Thank you all! :tu:

Really cool)

Sorry to bump this thread up, but I was curious if anything had been discussed to implement this GUI concept into ZASF? It looks great and would be a nice update to freshen up this fantastic synth.

Cheers.
“I'd far rather be happy than right any day.” ~ Arthur Dent, Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy

The Traveler wrote:Sorry to bump this thread up, but I was curious if anything had been discussed to implement this GUI concept into ZASF?
So, development on this UI is moving at a glacial pace right now, but it is getting implemented.
The code is still mostly in the design->write->get annoyed->write it again->move-onto-the-next-piece stage.

The section which has been written and which is currently getting rewritten is available at:
https://github.com/fundamental/zyn-ui-two

In an effort to make this UI satisfactory, it's leading to the creation of a new GUI toolkit.
That might seem like overkill and unneeded reinventing of the wheel, however most toolkits don't address problems specific to synthesizer UIs all that well in my opinion (embedding, constrained aspect layout, embeddable rendering, binding widgets to remote (ie networked) parameter models, lots of somewhat unique display/interaction type widgets, etc).

Currently I'm working on this toolkit which I've named 'zest' myself and the skeleton is sitting on my laptop.
As things progress I'll likely push some things into a more public light as it appears lmms might be interested in the toolkit as they face some of the same architectural issues that zyn has had in the past.
When there's more activity hopefully some discussion will appear on the mailing list:
https://www.freelists.org/list/mruby-zest

The timeline to get the UI out is likely on the scale of years based upon the current development speed, though I guess that makes sense given its scale.
One of the developers on the ZynAddSubFX open source synth
The author of the Zyn-Fusion UI for ZynAddSubFX

Return to “ZynAddSubFX”