Login / Register  0 items | $0.00 NewWhat is KVR? Submit News Advertise
fundamental
KVRist
 
372 posts since 21 Oct, 2008, from USA

Postby fundamental; Tue Jul 26, 2016 5:47 am Re: ZynAddSubFX 3.0.0 / Usability Survey

HunterKiller wrote:How many sizes will you have, or is this vector resizable?

It is fully resizable.

HunterKiller wrote:And maybe start with the key of C - unless you are intentionally going for something offbeat.

I'll add that to the current list of issues.
One of the developers on the ZynAddSubFX open source synth
The author of the Zyn-Fusion UI for ZynAddSubFX
HunterKiller
KVRAF
 
1902 posts since 9 Mar, 2006

Postby HunterKiller; Tue Jul 26, 2016 8:56 pm Re: ZynAddSubFX 3.0.0 / Usability Survey

fundamental wrote:
HunterKiller wrote:And maybe start with the key of C - unless you are intentionally going for something offbeat.

I'll add that to the current list of issues.

It's not a necessity btw, my 88 key controller looks like you've currently got it, starts on an A and ends on a C.
I was just throwing out one of the least important things. Maybe it'll look better on the gui, but I don't care either way. :)
"The educated person is one who knows how to find out what he does not know" - George Simmel
“It's what you learn after you know it all that counts.” - John Wooden
User avatar
nineofkings
KVRAF
 
1650 posts since 9 Apr, 2011

Postby nineofkings; Mon Aug 01, 2016 11:23 am Re: ZynAddSubFX 3.0.0 / Usability Survey

Just chiming in to express my support and say I'm very excited. The excessive windows and stability issues are the only things keeping me from using Zyn all the time.

I'd consider paying for it if there were a steep discount for people on the mailing list... :wink:
zukarra
KVRer
 
1 post since 16 Sep, 2016

Postby zukarra; Fri Sep 16, 2016 6:47 pm Re: ZynAddSubFX 3.0.0 / Usability Survey

AUTO-ADMIN: Non-MP3, WAV, OGG, SoundCloud, YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter and Facebook links in this post have been protected automatically. Once the member reaches 5 posts the links will function as normal.

Since the synth supports microtonality, what do you think about virtual keyboard with generalized layout (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Generalized_keyboard)? When you have 31 notes per octave, 7-5 pattern is not helpful at all.
Solaris65
KVRist
 
72 posts since 2 Jul, 2012, from Smack bang in the heart of Mu.Lab land.

Postby Solaris65; Wed Oct 05, 2016 11:36 pm Re: ZynAddSubFX 3.0.0 / Usability Survey

Hi,

I just downloaded the v 3 demo for Windows (..running it on a Windows 7 Pro 64 bit system) and have to say it is really impressive..kudos to all involved in the project!

Obviously I haven't done much more than mess with a few presets, but it's sounding really good and there's no obviously noticeable bugs as of yet.

If this demo is anything to go by, then I'm sincerely looking forward to making the final release one of my main workhorse synths.

Dan (Solaris65)
Solaris65
KVRist
 
72 posts since 2 Jul, 2012, from Smack bang in the heart of Mu.Lab land.

Postby Solaris65; Thu Oct 06, 2016 1:34 am Re: ZynAddSubFX 3.0.0 / Usability Survey

Hi again,

Just a quick follow-up on my last post. Since I made that post, I've found what may or may not be a bug regarding presets in general. I've joined the mailing list and send an email to it about this.

Dan
User avatar
aMUSEd
KVRAF
 
27541 posts since 14 Sep, 2002, from In teh net

Postby aMUSEd; Fri Oct 07, 2016 9:03 am Re: ZynAddSubFX 3.0.0 / Usability Survey

Will the OSX version still require Jack?
fundamental
KVRist
 
372 posts since 21 Oct, 2008, from USA

Postby fundamental; Fri Oct 07, 2016 11:38 am Re: ZynAddSubFX 3.0.0 / Usability Survey

aMUSEd wrote:Will the OSX version still require Jack?


All OSX builds are currently based off these build scripts:

https://github.com/zynaddsubfx/zyn-build-osx

These scripts currently do enable JACK, so future builds are expected to require JACK.

As a semi-related note the initial 3.0.0 release won't include OSX due to a lack of testers on that platform.
It should be coming out later this year though after testing/packaging has been completed.
One of the developers on the ZynAddSubFX open source synth
The author of the Zyn-Fusion UI for ZynAddSubFX
User avatar
aMUSEd
KVRAF
 
27541 posts since 14 Sep, 2002, from In teh net

Postby aMUSEd; Fri Oct 07, 2016 11:52 am Re: ZynAddSubFX 3.0.0 / Usability Survey

Pity, I just can't use Jack, it's so awkward to setup. Still if there's a plugin version I won't need to?
fundamental
KVRist
 
372 posts since 21 Oct, 2008, from USA

Postby fundamental; Fri Oct 07, 2016 12:02 pm Re: ZynAddSubFX 3.0.0 / Usability Survey

aMUSEd wrote:Pity, I just can't use Jack, it's so awkward to setup. Still if there's a plugin version I won't need to?


While I don't have local access to any OSX machines I was under the impression that the build scripts created a version which required jack to be installed, but I didn't think it required that you used jack. The scripts indicate the portaudio is used which should support normal core-audio on OSX. You should be able to access that in the existing OSX build via the File->Nio menu.

The plugin versions (VST/LV2) should not require jack to be used in any way.
One of the developers on the ZynAddSubFX open source synth
The author of the Zyn-Fusion UI for ZynAddSubFX
HunterKiller
KVRAF
 
1902 posts since 9 Mar, 2006

Postby HunterKiller; Fri Oct 07, 2016 9:29 pm Re: ZynAddSubFX 3.0.0 / Usability Survey

The demo doesn't work on XP SP3 :(
"The educated person is one who knows how to find out what he does not know" - George Simmel
“It's what you learn after you know it all that counts.” - John Wooden
lalo
KVRian
 
1377 posts since 14 Oct, 2002

Postby lalo; Sat Oct 08, 2016 1:39 am Re: ZynAddSubFX 3.0.0 / Usability Survey

Demo is a bit slow gui-wise.
Any time a page is changed a quick cmd.exe console appears e disappears quickly.
Plus...no VST automation no party :clown: :D :oops:
fundamental
KVRist
 
372 posts since 21 Oct, 2008, from USA

Postby fundamental; Sun Oct 09, 2016 7:40 am Re: ZynAddSubFX 3.0.0 / Usability Survey

lalo wrote:Any time a page is changed a quick cmd.exe console appears e disappears quickly.
Plus...no VST automation no party :clown: :D :oops:


The cmd.exe issue looks like it's easily fixable, so hopefully I have that fixed next time I have access to a testing machine.

The missing midi learn was a total oversight as it's been working in the standalone for quite some time and I didn't think to verify that it worked in VST mode. That will certainly be fixed as automations are an incredibly useful feature.

HunterKiller wrote:The demo doesn't work on XP SP3

At the moment I only have the tools and testing setup to verify that the build works on newer 64bit versions of windows. A later release may end up supporting earlier versions of windows, but it is unclear when the resources will be available for that additional port.
One of the developers on the ZynAddSubFX open source synth
The author of the Zyn-Fusion UI for ZynAddSubFX
User avatar
aMUSEd
KVRAF
 
27541 posts since 14 Sep, 2002, from In teh net

Postby aMUSEd; Sun Oct 09, 2016 9:42 am Re: ZynAddSubFX 3.0.0 / Usability Survey

fundamental wrote:
lalo wrote:Any time a page is changed a quick cmd.exe console appears e disappears quickly.
Plus...no VST automation no party :clown: :D :oops:


The cmd.exe issue looks like it's easily fixable, so hopefully I have that fixed next time I have access to a testing machine.

The missing midi learn was a total oversight as it's been working in the standalone for quite some time and I didn't think to verify that it worked in VST mode. That will certainly be fixed as automations are an incredibly useful feature.


Please add VST automation, not just midi learn.
User avatar
aMUSEd
KVRAF
 
27541 posts since 14 Sep, 2002, from In teh net

Postby aMUSEd; Mon Oct 10, 2016 12:03 am Re: ZynAddSubFX 3.0.0 / Usability Survey

fundamental wrote:
aMUSEd wrote:Pity, I just can't use Jack, it's so awkward to setup. Still if there's a plugin version I won't need to?


While I don't have local access to any OSX machines I was under the impression that the build scripts created a version which required jack to be installed, but I didn't think it required that you used jack. The scripts indicate the portaudio is used which should support normal core-audio on OSX. You should be able to access that in the existing OSX build via the File->Nio menu.


OK I tried that but it just gives options for Jack, PA (don't know what that is) or Null - nothing for Core audio in the build I have:

https://sourceforge.net/projects/zynadd ... p_redirect

Midi settings also only give me Jack or Null - no core midi either. It plays a sound when I mouse on keys but doesn't respond to midi

(plus comes with a bunch of weird files in the 'VST' folder that I have no idea what to do with but they aren't VSTs).

btw how do you give it that nice dark skin from the screenshots?
PreviousNext

Moderator: paulnasca

Return to ZynAddSubFX