ZynFusion Windows VST Bug List

Official support for: zynaddsubfx.sourceforge.net
RELATED
PRODUCTS

AJYoung wrote: 12. Clicking and dragging the nodes on an LFO will change the graphical display, but not the actual parameter values (as opposed to how the Envelope display works).
Fixed.
It also seems you can drag the display MUCH farther than what moving the actual knob controls do. I'm not sure which side of this is the bug. By dragging the Freq control all the way up, it only displays one vertical bar, when it feels like it should show many more.
Appears to be fixed.
One of the developers on the ZynAddSubFX open source synth
The author of the Zyn-Fusion UI for ZynAddSubFX

AJYoung wrote:But the big problem-maker is this: Enable Learn, then tweak the blue bar below the current Macro Slot. It attempts to Macro Learn its own value, I assume goes into a feeback loop, and immediately crashes the DAW. Not Good.
Fixed via https://github.com/zynaddsubfx/zynaddsu ... 357e28a0a9 and https://github.com/fundamental/rtosc/co ... 04eeda8a54

Uhmm... these patch updates are demos that expire after 15 min, right? As a Fusion user, how do I get a "licensed" version, if there is one yet of this latest?
https://www.reverbnation.com/toddsilva
Ryzen 9 5950x with 64G, i7 5820K with 32G DDR4, networked using AudioGridder, Bitwig, NI, U-he, and Arturia soft synths to name a few
Eurorack system https://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/432465

I'll let Fundamental have the final word on that question, but it sounds like with all these bugfixes he's working towards a 3.0.3 release, which will come as an update for paid users similar to how 3.0.2 did.
Free BassTables for Xfer Serum 1 | 2
2016 Synthmaster Song Contest Winner Presets

Wonderful! Looks like things are slowly coming together. Zyn is almost in a usable state for me. Just need to test a few more segments: Mainly the Browser, Save/Load Dialog, and the Macro Learn Sections

Looks like Effects scrolling is fixed, although it's a bit crude. Scrolling down between 2 DynFilters ends up with a completely blank effects section in between the two. But the important thing is that it works, and is usable! Even if it is a little wonky still.

I see the Macro feedback is fixed! Although I have a suggestion: would it be possible to allow a macro to modulate a DIFFERENT Macro's value? That's a quick-and-easy way to allow one Macro to modulate more than 4 parameters at a time.

----

For ease of organization, Below I will list the bugs and errors I have found that still exist in the current patch. These are only the definite ones, which are readily apparent or that I can consistently reproduce. I will of course add more as I find steps to reproduce them consistently.

1. In Reaper, all of the keys typed produce double characters. Instead of "test" I get "tteesstt".

2. In both Reaper and FL, the Shift key produces a space. If you hold it down for a length of time without typing another character, it will place a whole bunch of spaces.

3. Shift for Fine adjustment doesn't work in FL Studio, nor does holding Ctrl for Macro Learn. In Reaper, Shift for Fine adjustment does work, but if you release the mouse button before you release shift, it will be stuck in Fine adjustment mode. Holding shift, moving a parameter, and then releasing shift before the mouse button sets it back to normal.

Adding to this, holding Ctrl for Macro Learning gets stuck in Learn mode. Clicking "Learn" will turn it off. After experimenting, I found that holding down Ctrl, Clicking and holding down the mouse button on "Learn", then releasing Ctrl will also turn off Learn mode.

4. The Left Master meter in the Mixer only works when the Right meter is also active.

5. Voice Copy/Paste does not work.

If it helps, I noticed something. In the tooltip bar, if you hover over the C/P buttons, it will give the "path" inside the synth. When hovering over them in the Voice tab, it reads:
"COPY FROM /PAR0/KIT0/ADPARS/"
which also happens to be the same same path as the Global tab settings.

Looking at the Osc and Mod-Osc tabs, as well as the Envelopes/LFO's, it seems like the path should instead be:
"COPY FROM /PAR0/KIT0/ADPARS/VOICEPAR0/".

5.5 ADDSynth Resonance Copy/Paste does not work. Similar to above, the C/P path reads /PAR0/KIT0/ADPARS/

Could I also make a minor feature suggestion here? It would be nice to have a bit of visual feedback that we have copied a section of Zyn. Something like the C/P briefly lighting blue would be effective enough.

6. Bounding box issues with Sliders. Originally I thought this was just with the first harmonic in ADDsynth, but it appears to be more than that. If any harmonic or phase slider in any of the 3 synth engines is at the the top or bottom of its range, you navigate away from the view, and then go back, it will leave a "ghost" line there when moving the slider again.

In addition, Some sliders will leave a "Ghost" of their value just at the edge of their bounding box. This is most noticeable in the mixer. Move the sliders in the mixer up/down and you will notice a line on the right that reaches up to the default value. Navigate to a different page and then back, and the line on the right will reach up to the new value.

Frankly, this is just a minor cosmetic issue compared to some of the others on this list, but if it's easy to fix then go for it!

I'll also stick re-aligning the Osc Tab in this list entry, as it is also just a cosmetic issue.

AJYoung wrote:I'll let Fundamental have the final word on that question, but it sounds like with all these bugfixes he's working towards a 3.0.3 release, which will come as an update for paid users similar to how 3.0.2 did.
Thanks AJYoung -
https://www.reverbnation.com/toddsilva
Ryzen 9 5950x with 64G, i7 5820K with 32G DDR4, networked using AudioGridder, Bitwig, NI, U-he, and Arturia soft synths to name a few
Eurorack system https://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/432465

AJYoung wrote:1. In Reaper, all of the keys typed produce double characters. Instead of "test" I get "tteesstt".
Fixed
2. In both Reaper and FL, the Shift key produces a space. If you hold it down for a length of time without typing another character, it will place a whole bunch of spaces.
Fixed in my testing setup
3. Shift for Fine adjustment doesn't work in FL Studio, nor does holding Ctrl for Macro Learn. In Reaper, Shift for Fine adjustment does work, but if you release the mouse button before you release shift, it will be stuck in Fine adjustment mode. Holding shift, moving a parameter, and then releasing shift before the mouse button sets it back to normal.

Adding to this, holding Ctrl for Macro Learning gets stuck in Learn mode. Clicking "Learn" will turn it off. After experimenting, I found that holding down Ctrl, Clicking and holding down the mouse button on "Learn", then releasing Ctrl will also turn off Learn mode.
Possibly fixed as a consequence of 1/2.

AJYoung wrote:Could I also make a minor feature suggestion here? It would be nice to have a bit of visual feedback that we have copied a section of Zyn. Something like the C/P briefly lighting blue would be effective enough.
I was thinking the same time when testing them. I have just ported the highlighting from trigger buttons to the copy/paste buttons

Wonderful! Glad to hear about all of that.

Now, onto a different beast:

--The Save/Load Dialog--

1. Typing in the path field when Saving (Instrument/Master, etc) results in the following:
Typing in Save Dialog.png
The only time this doesn't happen is if you click on a Zyn Save File already in the folder and try to edit the filename.

2. When navigating through folders, the scroll bar does not update. I will click on a new folder, and it will display the start of the folder's contents, but the scroll bar will remain in position. Moving it will snap the view to that position.

3. Favorites are not saved between instances of Zyn or if I close a project and reopen it.

4. Typing in the path field (when loading) doesn't actually navigate anywhere. Either that or I don't know how it's supposed to work. Just typing out the path does nothing. Clicking "Enter" Just exits the dialog if there's no file selected.

6. In FL: Typing with my laptop's numeric keypad enters letters for whatever reason. This includes the / * - + . keys. It actually types the alphabet in order (a,b,c...) if you hit:
123456789*+

In Reaper: Typing with the Numeric Keypad does nothing.

In both: with Num Lock off, the keys behave like the arrow keys, home, page up/down etc.

Which leads me to...

7. The following keys produce a space when typing: Shift, Arrow Keys, Home, End, Pg Up, Pg Dn, This also happens outside of the file dialog.

I know you said this was fixed with the shift key, but it may be worth double-checking with the other keys. I don't know why you would ever hit page up/down, but it is kind of odd behavior.

8. The file browser can apparently see System directories that are inaccessable to the user. Compare the folers listed in Zyn versus in Windows Explorer:
Zyn Hidden Directories.png
Anytime I navigate to the "Hidden" folders, the ".." option to go up a directory does not appear. Unless I have a favorite saved, the only way to get out of the folder is by closing Zyn's GUI and reopening it. The file browser then defaults to the User folder.

-----

These are just general navigation/usage bugs that I've encountered. But before I start reporting on the actual preset saving process in both the Save/Load dialog and the browser:

What is the way you're actually SUPPOSED to save Instruments or the Master? In both the Save Dialog and using Write mode in the Browser, I still haven't figured it out. Maybe I'm doing something wrong on my end, so I want to make sure it's not just me before reporting on those errors.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

A few of these issues appear to be related to keyboard focus and what widget is handling events. Try typing without clicking on the path field.

Alright, so if I type without clicking on the path field, I can type fine when in the Save Instrument dialog! It also navigates to typed folders properly. And it appears by typing a filename at the end followed by ".xiz" I can successfully save an instrument.

I have to do this in Reaper, however, as in FL Studio I cannot type the " \ " or " . " characters. Pressing backspace after every letter is a little tedious lmao, but you have that fixed already.

As a side note, I discovered by accident that the left arrow acts as a "next line" or "return" when typing in multi-line text boxes (and consequently acts as "enter" in the Load/Save Dialog). On the one hand, it's not necessarily a bad feature (and maybe a carryover from Linux I'm just not used to), but on the other hand I would expect only the Enter key to do that, and Enter doesn't drop to the next line in text boxes.

sagetone wrote:Uhmm... these patch updates are demos that expire after 15 min, right? As a Fusion user, how do I get a "licensed" version, if there is one yet of this latest?
As mentioned by AJYoung the 3.0.3 release is getting close. Either the release should occur soon or I'll send out a patch version with the current fixes before finalizing a full release.

Given how my schedule is going for this next week it's 50-50 on which one it will be, but I'd expect something within the next week.

Hi,

During vacations, I wanted to test zyn-fusion-windows-64bit-3.0.2-patch3-demo on my laptop (Reaper 5 / windows 10 / 64bits) : Blank black screen (no GUI).

Back to main PC (win 7) : When I open a project with several (old) zyn tracks, some open with the choosen sound, some not. Example: A track with "lite guitar" sound opened correctly. Another with "Moog bass" opened with the default sine wav instead of my bass. The is the case of most tracks (just sine wave).

Excuse my bad english. I hope you understand me... and that this can be fixed.

This next week is looking to be very busy, so I'm guessing I'll upload patch4 late sunday and include an updated set of full binaries on gumroad as well.

Current summary:

Summary:

- Fix crash on close under some VST hosts
- Fix (again) crash on File->quit in plugin host
- Disable mouse control of VU/mixer meters
- Fix bank path on windows VST
- Fix Windows path nagivation to root dir
- Darken file selection background
- Add favorite selection clear via right-click
- Add favorite deduplication
- Fix partial clear of macro fields
- Add default to macro offset/gain
- Prevent multiple dropdowns from existing in the UI
- Fix crash in batch harmonic edit
- Fix read-only operations on windows due to platform specific usleep()
- Fix "Quarter" misspelling
- Fix error backtrace window on windows
- Fix stuck notes when disabling part
- Fix inverted left/right in mixer VU
- Fix disconnected Sub Synth filter visualization
- Fix crashes related to filter visualization when changing views
- Fix delayed updates when using double-click resets
- Fix crash with no-favorites
- Fix crash when changing to distortion view
- Fix bug related to loading filter parameters in old VST saves
- Fix some keyboard events in some VST hosts (e.g. FL Studio)
- Fix saving effects from fusion UI
- Fix unlabeled cutoff/resonance/gain in dynamic filter
- Fix effect group scroll behavior
- Fix backspace in part setting's part name
- Fix repeated keyboard note-on events
- Remove extra virtual keyboard key
- Connect LFO graphical representation drag events to underlying parameters
- Fix crash from midi automation meta-feedback
- Add visual indicator of click for copy/paste buttons

Unknown
-------

- Access to non- C:\\ drive? (it should be reachable via typing)
- Likely fixed Addsynth resonance copy/paste (I had thought this was connected, but I guess
not)
- Likely fixed Voice copy/paste (at some point this worked, I just have to locate the
regression)

TODO
----

- Octave knob on virtual keyboard
- Add automatic vertical scroll for long tooltips
- Fix the alignment of the OSC tab in ADDsynth
- Bounding box issue in the first harmonic in the OSC view

Return to “ZynAddSubFX”