215 posts since 19 Aug, 2014
Wonderful! Looks like things are slowly coming together. Zyn is almost in a usable state for me. Just need to test a few more segments: Mainly the Browser, Save/Load Dialog, and the Macro Learn Sections
Looks like Effects scrolling is fixed, although it's a bit crude. Scrolling down between 2 DynFilters ends up with a completely blank effects section in between the two. But the important thing is that it works, and is usable! Even if it is a little wonky still.
I see the Macro feedback is fixed! Although I have a suggestion: would it be possible to allow a macro to modulate a DIFFERENT Macro's value? That's a quick-and-easy way to allow one Macro to modulate more than 4 parameters at a time.
For ease of organization, Below I will list the bugs and errors I have found that still exist in the current patch. These are only the definite ones, which are readily apparent or that I can consistently reproduce. I will of course add more as I find steps to reproduce them consistently.
1. In Reaper, all of the keys typed produce double characters. Instead of "test" I get "tteesstt".
2. In both Reaper and FL, the Shift key produces a space. If you hold it down for a length of time without typing another character, it will place a whole bunch of spaces.
3. Shift for Fine adjustment doesn't work in FL Studio, nor does holding Ctrl for Macro Learn. In Reaper, Shift for Fine adjustment does work, but if you release the mouse button before you release shift, it will be stuck in Fine adjustment mode. Holding shift, moving a parameter, and then releasing shift before the mouse button sets it back to normal.
Adding to this, holding Ctrl for Macro Learning gets stuck in Learn mode. Clicking "Learn" will turn it off. After experimenting, I found that holding down Ctrl, Clicking and holding down the mouse button on "Learn", then releasing Ctrl will also turn off Learn mode.
4. The Left Master meter in the Mixer only works when the Right meter is also active.
5. Voice Copy/Paste does not work.
If it helps, I noticed something. In the tooltip bar, if you hover over the C/P buttons, it will give the "path" inside the synth. When hovering over them in the Voice tab, it reads:
"COPY FROM /PAR0/KIT0/ADPARS/"
which also happens to be the same same path as the Global tab settings.
Looking at the Osc and Mod-Osc tabs, as well as the Envelopes/LFO's, it seems like the path should instead be:
"COPY FROM /PAR0/KIT0/ADPARS/VOICEPAR0/".
5.5 ADDSynth Resonance Copy/Paste does not work. Similar to above, the C/P path reads /PAR0/KIT0/ADPARS/
Could I also make a minor feature suggestion here? It would be nice to have a bit of visual feedback that we have copied a section of Zyn. Something like the C/P briefly lighting blue would be effective enough.
6. Bounding box issues with Sliders. Originally I thought this was just with the first harmonic in ADDsynth, but it appears to be more than that. If any harmonic or phase slider in any of the 3 synth engines is at the the top or bottom of its range, you navigate away from the view, and then go back, it will leave a "ghost" line there when moving the slider again.
In addition, Some sliders will leave a "Ghost" of their value just at the edge of their bounding box. This is most noticeable in the mixer. Move the sliders in the mixer up/down and you will notice a line on the right that reaches up to the default value. Navigate to a different page and then back, and the line on the right will reach up to the new value.
Frankly, this is just a minor cosmetic issue compared to some of the others on this list, but if it's easy to fix then go for it!
I'll also stick re-aligning the Osc Tab in this list entry, as it is also just a cosmetic issue.
Free BassTables for Xfer Serum 1
| 22016 Synthmaster Song Contest Winner Presets