Login / Register  0 items | $0.00 NewWhat is KVR? Submit News Advertise

ZynFusion Windows VST Bug List

fundamental
KVRist

430 posts since 21 Oct, 2008, from USA

Postby fundamental; Mon Aug 07, 2017 3:43 pm Re: ZynFusion Windows VST Bug List

It looks like I've run short on time. I'll be without (or with very sparse) internet access over the next few days. I should in theory be back on friday to upload binaries.
One of the developers on the ZynAddSubFX open source synth
The author of the Zyn-Fusion UI for ZynAddSubFX
AJYoung
KVRist

175 posts since 19 Aug, 2014

Postby AJYoung; Mon Aug 07, 2017 4:11 pm Re: ZynFusion Windows VST Bug List

Not a problem, I'm plenty happy to wait for quality!
Free BassTables Wavetables sets for Xfer Serum: Volume 1 | Volume 2
fundamental
KVRist

Postby fundamental; Sat Aug 12, 2017 2:13 pm Re: ZynFusion Windows VST Bug List

Full version of the patch is available on gumroad, current demo is: http://fundamental-code.com/zyn-fusion/ ... 4-demo.zip and http://fundamental-code.com/zyn-fusion/ ... mo.tar.bz2 . More fixes to come before finalizing the 3.0.3 release.
AJYoung
KVRist

Postby AJYoung; Sat Aug 12, 2017 6:23 pm Re: ZynFusion Windows VST Bug List

Wonderful! I'll get to testing.

Let's start with some followup on previous issues:

1. While the double characters has been fixed in Reaper, Shift (and other previously mentioned keys here) still produce a space when hit. I can get by with abusing Caps Lock for now.

2.I've also noticed that pressing the spacebar in either the "Name" or "Comments" box in the browser produces a space, but the cursor doesn't update until another key is typed.

3. Number 3 here has not been fixed. Interestingly, now the FINE and LEARN buttons won't light up until a control is adjusted, but the behavior of this one is still the same.

4. Resonance Copy/Paste works! But Voice Copy/Paste does not. The Global AddSynth path still appears
Marginal Ray
KVRist

155 posts since 21 Feb, 2011, from Paris (France)

Postby Marginal Ray; Sun Aug 13, 2017 2:43 am Re: ZynFusion Windows VST Bug List

zyn-fusion-windows-64bit-3.0.2-patch4-demo

Still blank GUI on my laptop (win 10/64) / Reaper

Is something expected for users working on projects based on old Zyn ?
- using both Zyn together
- replacing the old with the new Zyn without losing settings and sounds on the track

I asked this questions several times without getting an answer. Fundemental seems annoyed that I criticized the fact that he sells a beta, but this issue concerns many Zyn users.

www.marginalray.com
AJYoung
KVRist

Postby AJYoung; Sun Aug 13, 2017 12:25 pm Re: ZynFusion Windows VST Bug List

Marginal Ray wrote:Still blank GUI on my laptop (win 10/64) / Reaper

Out of curiosity, does this happen always? Including in a blank Reaper project when you add a new instance of Zyn? Or is this just happening when you load a project saved with the old version of Zyn?

I'm running Zyn on an HP Laptop with Windows 10 in Reaper 64-bit, and I don't get a blank screen. Curious what's different between your setup and mine.
fundamental
KVRist

Postby fundamental; Sun Aug 13, 2017 3:14 pm Re: ZynFusion Windows VST Bug List

AJYoung wrote:4. Resonance Copy/Paste works! But Voice Copy/Paste does not. The Global AddSynth path still appears

Voice Copy/Paste is now confirmed fixed.

Still blank GUI on my laptop (win 10/64) / Reaper

No idea beyond a lack of support from a very old graphics card.

Is something expected for users working on projects based on old Zyn ?

As you have observed in earlier posts, files from jackoo VST versions are loaded. If there are bugs with the loading of some files you'll need to provide easy-to-replicate specific minimal test cases with what works, what does not, and under what conditions.
Marginal Ray
KVRist

Postby Marginal Ray; Mon Aug 14, 2017 6:50 am Re: ZynFusion Windows VST Bug List

AJYoung wrote:
Marginal Ray wrote:Still blank GUI on my laptop (win 10/64) / Reaper

Out of curiosity, does this happen always? Including in a blank Reaper project when you add a new instance of Zyn? Or is this just happening when you load a project saved with the old version of Zyn?

I'm running Zyn on an HP Laptop with Windows 10 in Reaper 64-bit, and I don't get a blank screen. Curious what's different between your setup and mine.

Laptop : Asus
CPU : Intel U7300 / 1.30 Ghz
RAM : 3 Mo
Graphic card : Mobile Intel(R) Series Express Chipset Family (Microsoft Corporation WDDM 1.1)
Screen Resolution : 1366x768
OS : Windows 10/64 bits Family edition (french) version 1607

Of course, it is not a very modern setup, but Zyn Fusion is the one and only software installaled on it that provides a blank UI.
fundamental
KVRist

Postby fundamental; Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:28 am Re: ZynFusion Windows VST Bug List

The CPU is from around 2006 and the used opengl revision (2.1 + framebuffer extension) was standardized in the same year. So, unless there have been driver updates since I would not expect that machine to be compatible with the new UI.
Marginal Ray
KVRist

Postby Marginal Ray; Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:42 am Re: ZynFusion Windows VST Bug List

files from jackoo VST versions are loaded. If there are bugs with the loading of some files you'll need to provide easy-to-replicate specific minimal test cases with what works, what does not, and under what conditions.

What do you mean with " files from jackoo VST versions are loaded "? What is loaded? The fact is that when I remove the old Zyn from VST folder, and replace it with Zyn Fusion Demo, and then open a Reaper project with Zyn tracks, my settings desapears (the sound I've chosen). I don't understand what kind of demo or explanation I must show you. Screenshots, video screener ?
Marginal Ray
KVRist

Postby Marginal Ray; Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:53 am Re: ZynFusion Windows VST Bug List

fundamental wrote:The CPU is from around 2006 and the used opengl revision (2.1 + framebuffer extension) was standardized in the same year. So, unless there have been driver updates since I would not expect that machine to be compatible with the new UI.

OK. It's not so important because I use it for music only during vacations. but I was suprised that recent VST, free or commercial, works on this laptop, but not Zyn Fusion

http://www.marginalray.com
fundamental
KVRist

Postby fundamental; Wed Aug 16, 2017 6:08 pm Re: ZynFusion Windows VST Bug List

AJYoung wrote:2.I've also noticed that pressing the spacebar in either the "Name" or "Comments" box in the browser produces a space, but the cursor doesn't update until another key is typed.

This should now be fixed.
Previous

Moderator: paulnasca

Return to ZynAddSubFX