Full Version Zyn Fusion Still Going Silent

Official support for: zynaddsubfx.sourceforge.net
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello,

I just got the full version of Zyn Fusion after trying the demo. I installed it using the link I received after paying. It still goes silent after 10 minutes. What can I do? The difference between the full version and demo here is that in the demo there is a message saying the demo time is up. With the version I just installed, there is no message. I am using the OSX version.

Thank you for reporting this issue. It sounds like one of the demo files is still on your system which may be causing this issue.

To help diagnose this issue could you provide the md5sum of the Zyn VST dynlib?
The command should roughly be "md5 /Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/VST/ZynAddSubFX/Content/MacOs/ZynAddSubFx.dylib" as run from a terminal. This should indicate which version of the VST library is installed on your system.

One possible quick fix for this issue might involve uninstalling the demo .pkg and then re-installing the full version:
https://wincent.com/wiki/Uninstalling_p ... n_Mac_OS_X

If this doesn't help then mid-next week another zyn developer will have access to a physical mac machine to try to replicate the issue.
One of the developers on the ZynAddSubFX open source synth
The author of the Zyn-Fusion UI for ZynAddSubFX

Hi,

I've got the same issue.
I unistalled/reinstalled everything zyn related a few times, even did a reboot, but the problem still persists.
System is a mid 2014 MBP, macOS 10.12.6., package installed is zyn-fusion-osx-3.0.3r20-release.pkg

Also, the package contains just the VST although the download page states VST + standalone?

@bigwillis just to make sure that the correct revision was placed on gumroad, could you check the md5sum of the release pkg?

Per the standalone, it was decided not to include it on OSX since there was limited OSX audio/midi support. It might be added back in a future release, but for now I'll make a note to update the website description tonight.

it's 714538813265fdd951f914760810d30e for the package and 63a3a6b4cb5037ae518366375d7194b4 for the dylib.
I'm fine with just the VST, I was just wondering if I missed something.
And a big Thank You for all the work!

Thanks. The package md5sum looks right and I'll have to wait until I'm back at my primary machine to verify the .dylib md5sum.

full VST dynlib -> 63a3a6b4cb5037ae518366375d7194b4 ZynAddSubFX.dylib
demo VST dynlib -> 63a3a6b4cb5037ae518366375d7194b4 ZynAddSubFX.dylib

full LV2 dynlib -> fd130269c5337199db21074777aeac60 ZynAddSubFX.dylib
demo LV2 dynlib -> fd130269c5337199db21074777aeac60 ZynAddSubFX.dylib

full gui dynlib -> fba908b2ebf000cb3b2f90f89ffa562e libzest.dylib
demo gui dynlib -> b81ed59f3044e4961e302e6e9aa7f800 libzest.dylib

Well, there's the problem. After looking back over the build scripts it seems that the demo mode flag was correctly passed to the GUI portion of the codebase, but it got stuck in demo mode for the audio generation half. I'll update this thread once a new build is available.

Ok, looking forward to the update!

I noticed a few other bugs while we are at it. Let me know if I should post these somewhere else, or if these are going to the right place right here:

I can't save anything..... can't save instruments, location favorites.

I can't type anything in.

(The settings from the session are saved in my DAW, but I can't save an instrument to use in a new instance, etc.)

When I try to change the reference frequency of a tuning, it goes to zero, and the program goes silent. I have to delete the instance of the program and start again.

"Shift" in the tuning section says "undocumented"

Tunings load immediately, but the tuning in the text box doesn't reload until I restart the DAW.

Scales that are longer than the text box, the notes are written outside of the box

Thank you for your great and hard work on this. This is one of the best pieces of audio software I have ever used. Looking forward to the bugs being worked out.

You say that you can't type anything in. Is that *only* in the file browser or in all text boxes? I've had confirmation that it's possible to type in ardour, so I'm guessing you're likely experiencing a case where the host is capturing the key events (generally that's a setting that you can control within your VST (or LV2) host).

Generally the best spot for tracking bugs or feature requests specific to the new GUI is https://github.com/zynaddsubfx/zyn-fusion-issues/issues .

New build for OSX is up on gumroad. Let me know if this resolves the problem or not.

New version works, thank you!!

I have to figure out how to change the typing settings in my DAW (Mixbus), which, if it works in Ardour, I'm sure it will work here too because it is based on Ardour.

Just got back to my machine yesterday and tested the new build. Thank you, fundamental, works fine for me too now :-)

Return to “ZynAddSubFX”