How to use ZynaddsubFX with CUBASE?? I´m a NEWBIE!!!

Official support for: zynaddsubfx.sourceforge.net
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Please, help me someone!! I´ve just bought a M-Audio sound card, and I´m still learning how to use VST instruments... I have CUBASE SX, and I´ve loved the zynsubaddfx instruments... BUT I CAN´T SELECT THEM IN CUBASE!! (i´ve already installed Artist Drums and Kontact, and both are working).. so how can I put the zynaddsubfx instruments available in cubase? PLease, help me with basic instructions, because I don´t have much knowledge on that..
Thank you everyone!!
Hope to see an answer soon...

Hi.
To be honest, I don't know :) I am not a Cubase user (well, it's price is prohibitive :cry: ). It may be the posibility, because of some VST bug (inside zynaddsubfx) to make imposibile to use with cubase.
I recomand using ZynAddSubFX as a standalone application, by launging the exe file or from the Start menu.
Paul

I think albertosartorel is talking about following issue: host program does not show program(presets) section for zynaddsubfx VSTi, i.e. zynaddsubfx instruments cannot be selected from host itself(in opposition to most VSTi plugins which do allow it), without opening zynaddsubfx gui (I remember similar problem in synthedit when forgot to add "patch select" module in container - after VSTi export only one program was available for built plugin so host didn't show mentioned section)

I'm affraid this is because of declaration:
VSTSynth::VSTSynth (audioMasterCallback audioMaster):AudioEffectX(audioMaster,1,0)

(i.e. one program and zero available parameters for host) and lack of handling for VSTi programs (setProgram, getProgram, etc.).

---------

So if this is really a problem which albertosartore ecounter then You currently must select instruments in zynaddsubfx native format, from zynaddsubfx gui direcly - simple way to do so is to run program in begginer mode, select "Instrument->open instrument" and find a file with .xiz extension on Your disk.

best regards

Return to “ZynAddSubFX”