"ZynAddSubFX VST doesn't work in X or Y" PostHere

Official support for: zynaddsubfx.sourceforge.net
RELATED
PRODUCTS

m0j0byrd wrote:
arti_choke57 wrote:How do I use the synth as a VSTI?
ZynAddSubFX VSTi

http://personales.ya.com/mahtazz/ZynAdd ... _Beta5.exe
this is the link, yeah? thank you. also one of my favourites; nice harmonic stuff with the resonance. :P :P

Hey so is the development in halt? Nobody gonna pick it up?

Yeah I know, last post was a year ago. But I really love zyn. Shame if development just stopped, I can see alot of things that could be improved.

Just as a note, the Virtual Keyboard is all messed up in that latest release, the keys are taken all randomly from the pc (qwerty) keyboard. It's ok with midi, but when playing on the qwerty keyboard the keys seem to be mixed up all over the place.

Also, there doesn't seem to be any GUI for the Vst version of zyn (or it doesn't load up for me?). How does one load zyn's presets via the Vst version? The only way I know how to save presets is from the main program to *.xmz, but since I can't get any GUI from the vst there's no way of loading a *.xmz preset, the host can only load .fxp presets.

It's probably a host issue tho, I've only tried loading the vst via Orion & Renoise.

Anyone else still use this synth? It can do some pretty wicked stuff (altho I'd love to automate things really.. :))

Try the windows version with Cantabile
www.toptensoftware.com

or Reaper
www.cockos.com

. The linux audio live dvds like
64 Studio, JAD, Ubuntu Studio and Dynebolic should have it ready to go at bootup,
no install, or hard-disk needed.

For presets,
Menu -> Instrument --> Show Instrument Bank,
at the top of the screen that opens, click the upside-down triangle
widget that's just to the left of the 'Refresh bank list' button.

Cheers :)

Hello all Zyn lovers,

I managed to find a solution to Zyn's erratic behavior in my host (Ableton Live 6). This might work as well in other hosts.

In Ableton 6 I simply use the Temper Sequencer (a host with an emphasis on MIDI) in its public beta VST form as a sub-host/wrapper. Download is available here:

http://www.angryredplanet.com/temper/download.html

This Temper subhost is lean and works well in Ableton 6.
So finally I am able to use Zyn in Ableton Live !

Please, other Ableton users, try that too.

Greetz to all of you.
Cylinder Xeon Hexacore 3,5GHz, 64GB RAM, SSDs. DualBoot Mojave/LinuxMint. Steinberg UR22mkII USB audio. M-Audio Axiom 61.
Ableton Live 10, Cubase Pro 12, Logic Pro X
https://www.youtube.com/@landosonic/videos

hi underwater sunlight,

i tried zyn with the temper vst in reaper today. only took 20 minutes to get a crash :cry: it seems to be stable when browsing through presets but it consistently crashes reaper as soon as i try to adjust any harmonics in the additive section. i am considering putting together a linux box just to use this wonderful synth. i won't be beaten...

is temper proving stable in ableton?

thanks, do_androids_dream

Yes, Temper is stable in Ableton.
Thus I can use Zyn, in Temper, in Able.Live 6.

However, I never dared edit any preset of Zyn because Zyn itself (when I used it directly in Ableton without Temper) proved to be very dodgy. It would output nasty, very loud noisebursts at times upon trying to change presets.

So, even when using Zyn in Temper in Ableton, I am very careful. When I change presets, I temporarily switch the output of my DAW off on the mixer.

I wish we had a completely stable version of Zyn for Windows XP, including fine automation capabilities. :help:

If it weren't for the excellent sound of Zyn, I would have long abandoned it.

:?
Cylinder Xeon Hexacore 3,5GHz, 64GB RAM, SSDs. DualBoot Mojave/LinuxMint. Steinberg UR22mkII USB audio. M-Audio Axiom 61.

I wish we had a completely stable version of Zyn for Windows XP, including fine automation capabilities.
That might be a possibility, as one of the patches that I released a while back was used to fix quite a few errors with memory management.
These errors also seem to affect the windows platform significantly more than the Linux platform, which means they could be the source of some of the instability that you experience.

If you can compile the current version on windows, you should be able to get a more stable zyn.
If you cannot, then you will most likely get a more stable zyn when the next release occurs.

I might be able to get familiar with compiling Zyn Sources, but I don't have the time.

So, I'll probably just wait for the next Zyn release.

When saying "release", do we mean the Zyn Project on sourceforge ?
And if so, will it again be a .dll that is a VST version ?

When saying "release", do we mean the Zyn Project on sourceforge ?
yes
And if so, will it again be a .dll that is a VST version ?
It depends if that gets prioritized.

I started a thread for this on the OpenMPT forum:
http://lpchip.com/modplug/viewtopic.php?t=3571

But it's the "Edit Window disappears instantly" bug. My hope is that since both projects are open source, there surely must be some clean way to resolve this :]

could you elaborate more on how slaving vsthost fails? this should resolve your issue

When I tried to use VSTHost and LegreeI, OpenMPT crashed. I did get "regular" Legree to pass audio data to OpenMPT, but that setup didn't let me pass in note data.

If LegreeI crashes before loading zyn in vsthost, then there's a problem with OpenMPT.

As an alternative, you may want to try Temper Sequencer in its public beta VST form as a sub-host/wrapper.

Download is available here:

http://www.angryredplanet.com/temper/download.html

I really like zynaddsubfx but I still feel pretty new. Something that has happened to me lately is when I try to edit sounds in the sub-synth category it crashes. Maybe it's a bug? I don't know, I could be doing something wrong, too. Any feedback that you have would be greatly appreciated. I use qjackctl in conjunction with zynaddzubfx, and I think that may be the problem. Thanks again.

BJsgoodlife wrote:I really like zynaddsubfx but I still feel pretty new. Something that has happened to me lately is when I try to edit sounds in the sub-synth category it crashes. Maybe it's a bug? I don't know, I could be doing something wrong, too. Any feedback that you have would be greatly appreciated. I use qjackctl in conjunction with zynaddzubfx, and I think that may be the problem. Thanks again.
If you're talking about using qjackctl in conjunction with zyn, then are you actually talking about the VST version?
One of the developers on the ZynAddSubFX open source synth
The author of the Zyn-Fusion UI for ZynAddSubFX

Return to “ZynAddSubFX”