skin?

Official support for: zynaddsubfx.sourceforge.net
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Love this gem of a synth. The skin, however, does not live up to the sounds and features. Are there plans on making a nicer looking skin?

Play it by ear

No, for now.
I have other things to do, like writing the documentation.
Paul

Thanks for your answer Paul. What if someone was willing to make one for you? Would you be willing to give them a try? I remember someone volunteered to help you make a new skin, for FREE. :)
Play it by ear

IMHO, who cares if it _looks_ like arse? It's only supposed to sound good, and in its typical production environment, the only people who see it are the musicians that use it. While, yeah, it could look nicer, it IMO should be a very low priority. I'll even push this to the extent of "if the skin would make it use more CPU, ditch it"; software synths need all the CPU they can get, and so they definitely shouldn't spend any extra on the GUI beyond what's absolutely needed.

If someone steps forward with a theme idea that looks good without using additional resources, go ahead, use it. But again, IMO it should be a very low priority.

personally I don't care for the skin. I'd prefer it to be a more let's say 'proper' vst functioning (no extra page, finding the selected preset when you reopen the project where you're using it, etc) and good documentation.
cos the synth sounds great.

Return to “ZynAddSubFX”