Ce bucurie

Official support for: zynaddsubfx.sourceforge.net
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Ce bucurie sa vezi un sintetizator (si inca unu bun)facut de un roman! Bravo tie, Paul! Now some oppinions after the first contact:
The thing that is obvious to this synth is the quality of its sound which is very good.
Some important improvements have to be done in the GUI wich probably should be entirely redesigned. Think as Absynth was in v2 and look at it as it is now in v3: all the windows are opened within the main window. The first question that came in my mind when I saw ZynAddSubFX was: were is the synth?
You have to dig two levels (windows :) to reach to the synth engine. This is not very efficient. A simpler yet very comprehensive GUI has to be done.
The second think would be the possibility to edit the parameters by changing numerical values (which unfortunately lacks here meaning that the settings are hard to be done (ore redone) acurately) Every proffessional piece of software has it.
The third would be a mono legato function for lead and bass patches. This is very important for the synth players. You can never achive a certain feeling in a lead line without having this function.
And the last wish woul be that ZynAddSubFX have a midi learn function for every knob so that it would be very easy to control with a hardware midi controller. Just a right click on the knob (like on z3ta+ I'm sure you know the thing) and midi learn is there.
Imi doresc foarte mult ca acest synth sa devina ceea ce am indraznit sa sugerez aici si te felicit inca o data pentru aceasta minunata realizare. Sper ca nu te-am suparat prea tare dar cred ca acest instrument poate deveni unul din cele mai bune din lume si cred ca merita efortul ca sa ajunga astfel. Multumesc.

tumburu wrote:Ce bucurie sa vezi un sintetizator (si inca unu bun)facut de un roman! Bravo tie, Paul! Now some oppinions after the first contact:
The thing that is obvious to this synth is the quality of its sound which is very good.
Some important improvements have to be done in the GUI wich probably should be entirely redesigned. Think as Absynth was in v2 and look at it as it is now in v3: all the windows are opened within the main window. The first question that came in my mind when I saw ZynAddSubFX was: were is the synth?
You have to dig two levels (windows :) to reach to the synth engine. This is not very efficient. A simpler yet very comprehensive GUI has to be done.
Thanks for this sugestion. But am thinking how to "mapping" the tree (As you have seen, ZynAddSubFX is organised like a tree with many levels) to such a interface. I didn't had a look to absynth yet.
The second think would be the possibility to edit the parameters by changing numerical values (which unfortunately lacks here meaning that the settings are hard to be done (ore redone) acurately) Every proffessional piece of software has it.
I will need to add a text to buttons that appears when it get changed (if will remain always visible would be a waste of space). But what should I add? The numerical values or the real values? The second option is harder to implement :)
The third would be a mono legato function for lead and bass patches. This is very important for the synth players. You can never achive a certain feeling in a lead line without having this function.
There is such function, but is called "Portamento". You can choose to be mono (limit only to 1 note). Check the "portanemto" checkbox and uncheck the "Poly" button. Theese buttons are located in the lower part of the main interface (inside the interface of the part) in the advanced mode.
And the last wish woul be that ZynAddSubFX have a midi learn function for every knob so that it would be very easy to control with a hardware midi controller. Just a right click on the knob (like on z3ta+ I'm sure you know the thing) and midi learn is there.
I didnt knew about this.. I will look for this (if I will be not too busy).
Imi doresc foarte mult ca acest synth sa devina ceea ce am indraznit sa sugerez aici si te felicit inca o data pentru aceasta minunata realizare. Sper ca nu te-am suparat prea tare dar cred ca acest instrument poate deveni unul din cele mai bune din lume si cred ca merita efortul ca sa ajunga astfel. Multumesc.
Multumesc pentru sugestii si pentru aprecierile tale.
Paul

For the numeric display you could use 128 steps (the standard in midi) or 100 the way other manufacturers do. And for avoiding the waste of space you could have a small display above (or someplace else) showing the value of only one parameter at the time, this being the parameter that you choose to change. When you go to another parameter the display switches and shows the value of that and so on. Check for this type of display Crystal, Discovery or z3ta+ which, by the way, has one of the most well designed GUI at this moment. Another option would be to display the value just over the knob (in in the moment you click on it or chenge it through a hardware controller.
Succes!

Return to “ZynAddSubFX”