ZynAddSubFX announce

Official support for: zynaddsubfx.sourceforge.net
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi. This thread will be used by me to announce you about ZynAddSubFX releases and other news.

You can subscribe here to get news about it. Also, you can use the mailing list.

P.S. Please do not post to this thread, It's reserved only for announcements.
Paul
Last edited by paulnasca on Sun Apr 10, 2005 4:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ZynAddSubFX 2.2.0 is released few days ago:
News:
- the VST version of ZynAddSubFX is removed from the instalation until it will be more stable (hope soon :) )
- now, the instrument banks contains over 300 high quality instruments
- added "Apply" a button from OscilGen window for PADsynth
- added another parameter to ADsynth that controls the amount of all detunes of voices
- adaptive harmonics postprocess
- improved the VU-meter and added a RMS plot
- Dvorak support for Virtual Keyboard
- many bugs fixed and code cleanups

Paul.

any idea when the vst version will be available again?

After some time away from this synth, I loaded it up and was again very impressed by the sound quality. It really beats a lot of commercial synths in terms of, well, how it sounds. Just very deep, resonant, complex. I only wish it had a friendlier GUI. Too many windows to open up to do basic sound tweaking. Other than that, it's a winner. Thanks, Paul, for sharing it.

David

www.davidlinn.com

Where do I go to download the Windows VST? It's quite confusing to follow the links.

hi,

no it isn't confusing, it's right there at the sourceforge website (it is 2.2.0 not 2.2.1)
http://downloads.sourceforge.net/zynadd ... g_mirror=0

hint:

after you've installed ZYN you simply copy the
zyn.dll to your vst folder...
then run it within your sequencer and set up the root paths for the presets - and you're ready to go :-)

It would be friendly the installer do it all. For what an installer if you still need to copy by yourself stuff. Weird! How about the dll in a zip or rar file (no installer needed at all boyz)?

masukie wrote:It would be friendly the installer do it all. For what an installer if you still need to copy by yourself stuff. Weird! How about the dll in a zip or rar file (no installer needed at all boyz)?
Personally ZynAddSubFX sounds really cool from what I am reading but I'd like to download the dll instead of an EXE.....which is the reason why I'm not going to dowload it. Sorry. Golden rule.

Good day,
LL
It's a nice day for a melody.

Sorry, there's no zyn.dll! Only standalone.

I don't suppose it ever occurred that it's also a standalone program LL? ;)

..this is a great synth..pity theres only a standalone version for the PC.. :(

Collusion wrote:I don't suppose it ever occurred that it's also a standalone program LL? ;)
I don't get the meaning. :shrug:
bambooman wrote there's a dll you have to put inoto your vst folder, too. That seems to be wrong. It's a pity, I don't need a standalone synth. And I love ZynAddSubFx. So I have to install an old version again.

No, the 2.2.0 Windows installer places the VST plugin .dll where you want it to go along with patches, documentation and the standalone version. Incidentally, these are all optional.

lotus2035 wrote:..this is a great synth..pity theres only a standalone version for the PC.. :(
Not true...there is a VSTi Version. If you download the 2.1.1 binary, run the installer...guess what option it gives you. :hihi:
Last edited by Reverse Engineer on Sun Jun 17, 2007 2:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Reverse Engineer wrote:
lotus2035 wrote:..this is a great synth..pity theres only a standalone version for the PC.. :(
Not true...there is a VSTi Version. If you download the 2.1.1 binary, unpack it and look in the folder, there's another folder called VST...guess what is in it. :hihi:
...really!!?...cool!..thanks...
*downloading*

..will send men in a black van to pick you up if its not true... :hihi:
Last edited by lotus2035 on Sun Jun 17, 2007 2:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “ZynAddSubFX”