ZynAddSubFX announce

Official support for: zynaddsubfx.sourceforge.net
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

lotus2035 wrote:
Reverse Engineer wrote:
lotus2035 wrote:..this is a great synth..pity theres only a standalone version for the PC.. :(
Not true...there is a VSTi Version. If you download the 2.1.1 binary, unpack it and look in the folder, there's another folder called VST...guess what is in it. :hihi:
...really!!?...cool!..thanks...
*downloading*

..will send a men in a black van to pick you up if its not true... :hihi:
Read my edited post...i gave the wrong way to 'access' it...it needs to be installed, not just dropped into a VST folder. :oops: :P You can move the entire ZynAddSubFX folder to wherever you want afterwards though.
Last edited by Reverse Engineer on Sun Jun 17, 2007 2:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

yes, cool..its working but it does seem little unstable in Cubase SE3 and the presets wont show up...but I will work on that...I also noticed the the interface shows up behind the cubase window instead of in it, so I have to minimise cubase and then bring it to the front....
lovely sound from this one though..

Before I had downloaded the earlier version without the vst!..

Yep. My bad - the 2.1.1 installer from SourceForge does it, not the 2.2.0 version! Mine is the unofficial 2.2.1 release from back when Dizainer.net was hosting it.

Don't mind!I've installed v.2.11 again. It's ok! I think this synth needs more attention. :love:

...naaah, no joy, its way too unstable, i tried it in FL studio and Cubase se3 and it isnt really good enough to use reliably...the standalone on the other hand is great...would be nice to be able to route the midi/audio to cubase....

lotus2035 wrote:the standalone on the other hand is great...would be nice to be able to route the midi/audio to cubase....
There was talk of JACK being ported to Windows. Don't know how far the devs got with it though....

Collusion wrote:
lotus2035 wrote:the standalone on the other hand is great...would be nice to be able to route the midi/audio to cubase....
There was talk of JACK being ported to Windows. Don't know how far the devs got with it though....
actually, yes, jack sprung to mind...i will check it out... 8)

yeah, jack for windows is in the works alright but not finished yet...

lotus2035 wrote:...naaah, no joy, its way too unstable, i tried it in FL studio and Cubase se3 and it isnt really good enough to use reliably...the standalone on the other hand is great...would be nice to be able to route the midi/audio to cubase....
you could use midi yoke to send midi to the standalone,

i use the vst in energyXT2, it works ok intill you have a few running then it can start to crackle & pop, but freezing a few tracks (or rendering) fix's that,

Subz

..midiyoke eh?..
thanks, Ive heard of it but never used it..will check it out... ;)

Hi Paul Nasca, hopefully you're checking this thread. Just wanna say thanks for this excellent sounding synth. Please continue developing this baby. It sounds as good as the best, but the interface needs some love.

I use the VST version inside Zynewave Podium and it is mostly stable if used gently (avoid clicking thru presets rapidly)

Also, are any new presets or banks available anywhere?

Thanks again

try this: http://personales.ya.com/mahtazz/ZynAdd ... _Beta5.exe

it includes a vsti DLL version.

mahtazz wrote:try this: http://personales.ya.com/mahtazz/ZynAdd ... _Beta5.exe

it includes a vsti DLL version.
...hi mahtazz!..thanks for posting this link...this version seems to work a little better although the instrument bank doesnt work properly in this one either.. but you can load all the sounds individually through the "open instrument" dialog..
8)

You are welcome! ;)

Thanks for the vst version, every preset sounds great, the brass is better than most synth brass.
The only site for experimental amp sim freeware & MIDI FX: http://runbeerrun.blogspot.com
https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCprNcvVH6aPTehLv8J5xokA -Youtube jams

Return to “ZynAddSubFX”