FreqAnalyst Multi causing audio dropouts

Official support for: bluecataudio.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Just wondering if any people are having huge audio drop outs and stutters when using FreqAnaylst Multi. My host is Ableton and I had 2 instances of the plug-in active and experienced dropouts when I raised the precision. I know higher precision values probably require more CPU but I have yet to encounter any dropouts on my computer until using this plug. I've only installed the AU version of the plug.. maybe I will try the VST version.. I did have about 30+ tracks but again, never really had a problem before as the computer is pretty fast..

specs:
osx 10.5.5
MacPro 2xQuad core @ 2.8 Ghz.
10 GB RAM
Ableton Live 7.14
Audio Buffer : 128

Hi,

other customers have actually encountered the issue with Logic with similar buffer size and settings. We are looking into it.

The thing is, when pushing up both the precision and speed you will have a higher CPU consumption than usual spectrum analyzers because you get both better precision in time AND frequency (much smoother response).

(similar issue discussed in this thread http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=243941)

Blue Cat Audio wrote:Hi,

other customers have actually encountered the issue with Logic with similar buffer size and settings. We are looking into it.

The thing is, when pushing up both the precision and speed you will have a higher CPU consumption than usual spectrum analyzers because you get both better precision in time AND frequency (much smoother response).
thanks for looking into it.. I know pushing up the precision/speed will consume more cpu, but I am running a dual quad machine.. Never really had any problems such as dropouts/stutters before until I loaded up this plug-in.. Hopefully it'll get resolved because it's a great plug..

Return to “Blue Cat Audio”