FreqAnalyst in SONAR

Official support for: bluecataudio.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi

I bought the plugin along with DPro last winter and had it (im certain....) installed in SONAR 8PE as a VST. After my system crash a week or so back, ive got round to finally authorising all my software again.

But, only the DPMPro shows up as a VST in my DAW. FrequencyAnalyst (though installed on my system) doesn't show anywhere! Neither as a DX or a VST?

Question is...how can i install it as a VST only (i dont use any DX plugins at all) and from the brief mention in the manual it states that SONAR/Project 5 etc...deal with FreqAnalyst as a DX plug only....hopefully this is not the case and there is a solution.

I may try to uninstall and try again unless there is something you can suggest otherwise.

Thankyou
'Fastest Filter in the West'

Hi,

The plugin will work as a VST in Sonar even though the DX version has better support for automation and MIDI output. If Sonar only sees one of the two plugins, check that they are both installed in the same directory and that Sonar checks this directory when scanning the plugins. If the plugins are installed in the right location, forcing Sonar to rescan the VST plugins should do the trick.

Hope this helps.

I have rescanned...reinstalled...redownloaded from my original links. And SONAR refuses to find both FreqAnalystPro and Multi.

All my other hosts allow me to use my FrequencyAnalyst plugins. But SONAR will not find them. Only DPMPro - NOT FAPro/Multi.

What can you suggest next please?

thanks

Hi,

one thing that may have happened with Sonar is that the first time you scanned the plugins you did not authorize them so they are now listed as "failing". To solve this problem, in Sonar's plugin manager, check the "force rescan failed plugins" so that Sonar retries to load the plugins that failed. It should find the plugins again.

If this still not works, don't worry we'll find a way to get your plugins back to life in Sonar!

Blue Cat Audio wrote:Hi,

one thing that may have happened with Sonar is that the first time you scanned the plugins you did not authorize them so they are now listed as "failing". To solve this problem, in Sonar's plugin manager, check the "force rescan failed plugins" so that Sonar retries to load the plugins that failed. It should find the plugins again.

If this still not works, don't worry we'll find a way to get your plugins back to life in Sonar!

I have tried that as well. Nothing is allowing SONAR to recognize FreqAnalyst. It can see DPMPro....

I spent yesterday trying everything i can think of. There is something strange happening anyway. I'll wait for you to suggest something.

Thanks

Update!

I tried resetting ALL my plugins from inside the VST Options and voila! Both DPMPro AND FreqAnalyst are now active.

Thanks for your help.

Thanks for the update! That's great news... Sometimes Sonar behaves strangely with VSTs!

Return to “Blue Cat Audio”