DPeakMeter Pro MONO isn't recognized

Official support for: bluecataudio.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hey,

a few days ago, I purchased Peak Meter Pro and FreqAnalyst Pro and so far, I've been pretty happy with them. I've come across a slight problem, though: The mono version of DPeakMeter Pro doesn't turn up in Nuendo's list of VST plug-ins (the stereo version does, as do both versions of FreqAnalyst). This is even stranger as the mono version of that plugin's demo worked perfectly well. I re-confirmed that the mono version is right there in my VST folder along with the other plugins. Any ideas?

For the record, I'm using Nuendo 4.3.0 on a MacPro Xeon with MacOS 10.5.8.

Cheers,
jan

Thank you for purchasing our plugins!

Have you had any issue when registering the plug-in? It is probable that registration failed and that the plug-in has not been recognized by Nuendo. We'll double check the plugin (in case the one we uploaded to our servers would have been corrupted), but I guess if you force Nuendo to rescan the plug-ins you might be asked to register the mono Digital Peak Meter Pro, and it should solve the problem.

Please tell us if this works. On our side we'll get back to you if we find an issue with the mono plug-in.

Blue Cat Audio wrote:Have you had any issue when registering the plug-in?
Damn, now that you mention it - I did indeed. The first time I started Nuendo after installing the plugins, a registration dialog popped up, but I couldn't enter anything (window wouldn't focus). The entire UI was blocked, so I had to force-quit Nuendo. On the next start, I could successfully enter the registration info for the three other plugins. Sorry for not mentioning that earlier, it hadn't crossed my mind that this could have caused the plugin to simply disappear.

Anyway, your suggestion was right on the spot: I just deleted the Vst*.xml files in the Nuendo preferences folder, and was greeted by the registration window of the Mono plugin on the next start. Now everything works as it should. Thanks!

By the way, I'd very much appreciate if you'd consider making a 5.1-capable version of your peak meter at some point. There are frustratingly few metering plugins out there that allow more than stereo operation, and I'm not entirely happy with the stock Nuendo plugins either. A precise, K-system capable peak/rms meter like yours that shows me all 6 channels at once would really improve my workflow!

(Of course, a full-fledged surround analyzer that also displays correlation between all channels and a goniometer-alike visualization of the surround plane would be more than I'd dare asking for :)

Yes, we definitely want to do some stuff for multi-channel signals... Just need to find out when! :)

Return to “Blue Cat Audio”