Dymanix mb-5 and CPU issues

Official support for: bluecataudio.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

When running multiple instances of mb-5 in cunard on my pentium 4 the plug in becomes very noisy with clicks and noise presumably due to CPU uses. The distortion is particularly bad when the spectrum meter is open. Is here anything I can do to improve performance. I've been considering getting a faster computer for some time. Any suggestions would be Appreciated thanks.

sorry - replace "cunard" with cubase. i run SX1 , and Cubase 5

Hi,

thank you for your feedback. With your CPU, the plug-in may indeed consume a little bit with many bands and large slopes for the crossover filters, but I am surprised it causes such problems. How many instances do you use to have such clicks? What is your sample rate?

One way to improve the performance is to disable the spectrum analysis on all instances you are not looking at (hiding it in the user interface also disables the spectrum analysis that may take some CPU cycles, especially with large sample rates). If it is still a problem, you might want to increase the buffer size of your DAW (I presume you are using an ASIO driver with cubase?). It will increase the latency but should also make audio processing more stable.

In case you have multiple bands but you are using only some of them, you can bypass all the bands that are not in use: it will also free some CPU.

Hope this helps.

Return to “Blue Cat Audio”