FreqAnalyst Multi (3 different questions)

Official support for: bluecataudio.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello.

I hope not to drive you crazy with my questions but I begin in this domain and I am a little lost. (By the way, please apologize my english, it's not my first language)

How do I have to interpret the reading of the curve in the" diff " panel?

I've read the owner's manual and what i understood is:

If the curve is above "0db" ,the left selection is louder than the right, is it correct? I deduct that from it, if the curve is below "0db" it is the right selection which is louder(we speak about volume, right?)

I would also like to know which of these two option is the best adapted to visualize frequencies which overlap to make a good mix.

Channels Average ?
Channels Max ?

Among both propositions above, what curve is the most adapted to my request?

(instant, peak, average?)

I would say peak, because it shows the maximal values but I'm really not sure about that.

My last question is the following one,

when I place a parametric EQ in front of the plugin and when I make modifications, changes appear only when I selected the curve (instant), is it possible to see a modification in the other curve modes? (peak and average)?

Many thanks
Skratch addict.

Hi,

thank you for your interest in our plug-in.

1/ The diff curve shows the difference between two curves. So if you chose the left and right channels for diff your statement is right.

2/ I guess Channels Max is the most adapted for your need. It is rarely very different from average, but it may be in case your signal is widely stereo.

3/ I'd go for instant. Because you want to see if you have conflicts at a given time. The average or max will give you information about potential overlap that do not happen simultaneoulsy, so you want to check what is happening at a given instant.

4/ You will definitely see the difference with other modes, but you will probably have to reset the average and/or max curves: because the average over time is cumulative, if the plug-in has been running for a while the weight of the past values (without your modifications) will be greater than the weight of the newest values (since your change). The best way to measure an EQ curve is typically to choose the average mode and reset the average curve just after setting up the EQ. You will see that the curve will be smoothly modified by the shape of your EQ.

Thanks a lot, everything is ok now!

;-)
Skratch addict.

Return to “Blue Cat Audio”