monitoring external instruments with FreqAnalyst Multi

Official support for: bluecataudio.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I am using FreqAnalyst Multi in Sonar X2. I am able to monitor VST instuments in real time (as I play the instrument). So far so good.

I would like to do this when playing and digitizing an external instrument in the Sonar X2 environment, so that I can modify the patches of the external instrument based on the frequency spectrum as displayed by FreqAnalyst. Is there a way that I can do this?

I have created an audio track in Sonar, the input of which is a channel from my external multi-port audio interface (Lynx Aurora "8") to which the external instrument is connected. I have routed that audio track within FreqAnalyst. I can play the external instrument and observe that the meter in the Sonar audio track is indicating the audio activity, as expected. However, FreqAnalyst for that track indicates no activity. The only way that I can get FreqAnayst to indicate the spectrum for this audio track is to actually record the track, and then play the track back. In this latter case, FreqAnalyst displays the spectrum.

thanks

Keith
Keith
Glendale, AZ USA

Never mind; problem solved. After I enabled echo for the audio tracks in question, FreqAnalyst began displaying the spectrum as expected.
Keith
Glendale, AZ USA

That's indeed the way to do it. If no echo is enabled, the effects in the bin are not processed.

Return to “Blue Cat Audio”