Blue Cat's MB-7 Mixer V2.11 is here - Now Includes Multiband VST Hosting!

Official support for: bluecataudio.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS
MB-7 Mixer

Does it host vst 3 and vst 2.4?
SOUND!

VST 2.4 only, for the moment.

Hi..trying the demo and have a question..
Is it not possible to automate plugin parameters that I have added to the mixer ?
I know I can automate the mixer parameters, but say I add a chorus vst to the mid crews and want to automate its wet dry knob in my daw ?

Automation for inserts is not supported (it would require some more mapping capabilities and would result in way too many parameters), but if your plug-in supports it, you can automate it using MIDI instead.

Cheers .yeah I figured that I wouldn't be able to do that...so you mean like adding a midi track in cubase and setting the output to the plugin that I insert in the mixer plugin ?

Never mind answered my own question ..yes it works like that....I do belive I like this mixer plugin ...I like it a lot.

:party:

Just a few days after its initial release, Blue Cat's MB-7 Mixer 2 has been updated to v2.01, and a new "single band" skin for it has been released!

Although it was not initially designed for it, Blue Cat's MB-7 Mixer 2 has been widely used to host virtual instruments. Today's update fixes an issue when hosting VST instruments (no sound was output when the plug-ins was fed with silence).

Also, you can now download our "SB-1 Mixer" skin that will transform the plug-in's user interface into a single band mixer with pre and post faders. It's the ideal skin when using the plug-in in broadband mode.

For registered users, the updated version can be found at the same place as the previous one.

Enjoy!

The "SB-1 Mixer" skin, simplifying broadband manipulation:

I think I'm missing a button somewhere (in my brain)...

Bought my license today and I'm still showing only two VST slots per band? Shouldn't there be four? Or is this a stereo v mono thing? Or a Pre-fader v Post-fader thing? Does it require linking? Sorry if this is a dumb question.
Last edited by audientronic on Tue Sep 10, 2013 3:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

By default, only the 2 Pre-fader slots are shown (to save screen real estate). You can show them by clicking on the lower half of the small plug button at the top left of the user interface (number 4 in the image below):

Blue Cat Audio wrote:By default, only the 2 Pre-fader slots are shown (to save screen real estate). You can show them by clicking on the lower half of the small plug button at the top left of the user interface (number 4 in the image below):
Thanks!

Dear developers, it seems it's just missing the transport sync function. Can you provide to pass timing information to the plug so we could use this also for trance gate, rythmic, or any lfo sync modulated plugins or to load drum machine instruments? Did you already think to that?

Alessandro Ratoci

Timing info support is indeed in our plans, but it has not been done yet!

Blue Cat's MB-7 Mixer 2.02 is now officially available!

New Features:
- Added support for plug-ins bundled into a VST Shell.
Bug Fixes:
- Some plug-ins used to crash when reloading a Pro Tools session in Pro Tools 11 (this was reported for Kontact 5 for example).

BTW, thank you all for the constructive feedback. It is really appreciated.

Enjoy!

Thank you for the nice plugin and the quick updates ;)

Return to “Blue Cat Audio”