Blue Cat's MB-7 Mixer V2.11 is here - Now Includes Multiband VST Hosting!

Official support for: bluecataudio.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS
MB-7 Mixer

Have to say you've been immense at responding to suggestions.
Just need tempo sync now :tu:
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

Mushy Mushy wrote:Just need tempo sync now :tu:
That's one of the candidates for the next update. It will take more time, though (lots of testing required)...

Blue Cat Audio wrote:
Mushy Mushy wrote:Just need tempo sync now :tu:
That's one of the candidates for the next update. It will take more time, though (lots of testing required)...
Cool cool.
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

Couple more questions ..
Is it possible to load a daws stock plugins into on of the plugin slots ?.
Also when loading a vst instrument into one of the mixers bands , does it mean that it will only output that band of sound when I play the instrument ?
For example....if I load an instance of massive into plugin slot on the low bass freqs all I will hear is the low band ..and then load another instance of massive in the other bands and have each synth basically putting out its own seperate band of audio ?...may sound like overkill a bit but I can imagine this would be kinda interesting..

On Win 7 x64, in Sonar Producer X2a x64, using the Dual version:
1. The quick and global groupings do not pick up all the sliders.
2. The L/R fader links are not always effective, whether in the band alone or in quick/global groups.
3. Closing a saved project that has MB-7 inserted does not close the project but causes the main Sonar window to disappear, leaving the Console view displayed and the only way to close the project is to exit the Sonar application.
4. Reopening a project that has MB-7 inserted does displays only the Console view and not the main window, so the application is unusable.
SONAR X2, Windows 7 64bit, Focusrite Pro 40, Roland A-500 PRO

pauldavid wrote:Couple more questions ..
Is it possible to load a daws stock plugins into on of the plugin slots ?.
It depends on how the DAW's plug-ins are protected against being hosted by other applications.
pauldavid wrote:Also when loading a vst instrument into one of the mixers bands , does it mean that it will only output that band of sound when I play the instrument ?
When inserting a virtual instrument on a band, it will mute the incoming sound in that band. You can typically use this if you want to replace a frequency range on a track by another instrument...

However, the VSTi itself is not filtered. It means that if you insert a lead synth in the bass slots, you will hear the entire spectrum of the instrument, not only the bass.

Hope this makes sense.

guylemec wrote:On Win 7 x64, in Sonar Producer X2a x64, using the Dual version:
1. The quick and global groupings do not pick up all the sliders.
2. The L/R fader links are not always effective, whether in the band alone or in quick/global groups.
3. Closing a saved project that has MB-7 inserted does not close the project but causes the main Sonar window to disappear, leaving the Console view displayed and the only way to close the project is to exit the Sonar application.
4. Reopening a project that has MB-7 inserted does displays only the Console view and not the main window, so the application is unusable.
Thanks for your feedback!

About grouping, that's a good catch: we have indeed just noticed that when L/R channels are linked and two bands are linked together, moving the right slider on a band won't always move all slider on other bands. Apart from this specific scenario, all links should work properly. Is this what you meant? Until we fix this, moving the left slider should just work fine.

(3) and (4): we cannot reproduce this issue, unfortunately. Can you maybe give us more details about your exact configuration?
- do you have any plug-in inserted into the MB-7 Mixer?
- Are you using the demo version of the plug-in by any chance? (In this case, you might have a hidden popup window about demo limitations blocking the application. Have you tried to go thru all windows using alt+TAB?)

A couple of questions:

1) How do you install new skins for the MB-7? I downloaded it but have no idea what to do with the folder.

2) I appreciate the recent update that supports us VST Instrument users, however I'm not able to get my midi controller to play any of the VST Instruments when hosted within MB-7 (Pro Tools 11). When I click on the Virtual Instrument it will play the sound but the midi controller isn't working. And yes, the midi controller works on other Instrument tracks with AAX VI's. Are there any tutorials for this?

Thanks!

For (1), simply unzip the skin in a safe place where you want to keep it (typically documents folder), then select it using the "Set Preset Skin" in the main plug-in menu. You can then save it as a preset if you want to access it quickly.

More info is available here in the manual, or in this post:
http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?p=20 ... ost2081760

For (2) you simply need to create a MIDI track and send it to the MIDI input of the MB-7 Mixer plug-in. Since it is not an instrument but an effect, it requires this extra step for MIDI to be routed to it.

Thanks for an excellent Plug In! One question though: When I host a VST-reverb, having a long reverb-time set, it cuts off the reverb after ca 5 secs. Am I doing something wrong? This problem occurs on all reverbs I've tested so far. (UAD Lexicon 244, Valhalla Vintage Reverb etc)

Thanks for the heads up. This is not expected, if the hosted VST plug-in reports its tail size properly...

In which host application are you using our plug-in?

AUTO-ADMIN: Non-MP3, WAV, OGG, SoundCloud, YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter and Facebook links in this post have been protected automatically. Once the member reaches 5 posts the links will function as normal.
Blue Cat Audio wrote:For (1), simply unzip the skin in a safe place where you want to keep it (typically documents folder), then select it using the "Set Preset Skin" in the main plug-in menu. You can then save it as a preset if you want to access it quickly.

More info is available here in the manual (http://www.bluecataudio.com/Doc/Product_MB7Mixer/#Skins.Change), or in this post:
http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?p=20 ... ost2081760 (http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?p=2081760&highlight=skin#post2081760)

For (2) you simply need to create a MIDI track and send it to the MIDI input of the MB-7 Mixer plug-in. Since it is not an instrument but an effect, it requires this extra step for MIDI to be routed to it.
Thank you for the info. The skin works great now and the MIDI track did the trick.

I did want to ask if anyone else is having trouble opening Pro Tools 11 files with MB-7 saved as a plug-in on a track within that session? More specifically, I have Native Instruments Kontakt 5 plugin loaded within MB-7 and when I try to open that saved Pro Tools 11 file the Native Instruments window pops up (like it usually does when it pre-loads the sounds) but then freezes there. I get the feeling that Pro Tools is freaking out because it has to load MB-7 and then within it pre-load a massive Virtual Instrument like Kontakt Session Strings.

Anyone else experiencing this?

Are you using the latest version of our plug-in? This should have been actually fixed on version 2.02 (you can get it at the same location as your original download)

Blue Cat Audio wrote:Are you using the latest version of our plug-in? This should have been actually fixed on version 2.02 (you can get it at the same location as your original download)
Ahhh... that was it. An update snuck pass me! Thanks for all the great work on this Blue Cat!!!

:tu:

Return to “Blue Cat Audio”