Some BC plugs failing Logic AU validation in OS Mavericks

Official support for: bluecataudio.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hey guys,

I just moved to OS X Mavericks. There, in Logic Pro (9.1.8, the most up to date version) some AU Blue Cat plugins are failing AU validation:

FreqAnalyst Pro (Mono)
FreqAnalyst Pro (Stereo)
Stereoscope Pro

I note these are all version 1.0 plugs.

I have a bunch of version 2.x plugs as well, and these pass the validation:

DP Meter Pro 4
FreqAnalyst Multi 2
MB-7 Mixer 2
Oscilloscope Multi 2
Stereoscope Multi 2

-Wade

Wait! I just went through this process on a different computer I also upgraded to Mavericks, and there 1 of the 'trouble' plugins validated right away. The other validated after a rescan. So after that I went back to my desktop computer, rescanned the 3 trouble ones, and after a try or 2 they all validated.

I'm not sure why they didn't validate immediately, but they have validated.

-Wade

Thanks for the feedback.

We have indeed noticed some problems with some the "1.x" plug-ins as you name them (plug-ins that have not been updated yet with the latest version of our framework).

It is due to a change in the things that Apple's validation tool checks, which may create random validation failures. It should only affect plug-ins that can generate output params (FreqAnalyst Pro, StereoScope Pro, Remote Control, Parametr"EQ series, Blue Cat's Dynamics and MB-5 Dynamix). The failure does not actually mean any problem with the plug-in, so in case you encounter a failure, you may just force validation and use them.

This problem should be fixed when we release a new version of these plug-ins.

Sorry for the inconvenience!

Thanks for the reply.

I should also throw in clarification - Logic 9.1.8 was only the newest version that ran on Snow Leopard. Now that I've got Mavericks I'll probably go to Logic Pro X and do all this again, but it sounds like what you're saying is likely to apply to either version. Cheers

-Wade

Yes, the AU validation tool is part of the system, so it will have the same issue with both versions of Logic. It sometimes happen that they even break something with a simple system update...

We are about to release a new version of these plug-ins that fix some incompatibility issues with Mavericks and Logic X. If you are interested in checking them out before we actually release them, please contact us by email (support[at]bluecataudio[dot]com).

New version is out!

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 2&t=406370

You can download the updated version from the same download page as the original you received by email.

Return to “Blue Cat Audio”