Blue Cat's PatchWork Unleashed!

Official support for: bluecataudio.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS
PatchWork

Can PatchWork be used as PC to Mac bridge ?

Some excellent plugins exist only as PC versions.
Would be cool to use these in a Mac environment !

I plan to by me the coming new MacPro and switch to Mac.

...by the way...
A real good idea making a plugin like this.
Layering synthesizers and use these in different
DAW's, is now a piece of cake.

Thank your for the feedback. The plug-in cannot be used as a PC/Mac bridge, but this could be a fun idea for a specific plug-in!

Blue Cat Audio wrote:Thank your for the feedback. The plug-in cannot be used as a PC/Mac bridge, but this could be a fun idea for a specific plug-in!
Yeah, go for it and make one !

I'm sure many people just wait for a tool like this.

Cheers

This plugin and it's functions are a savior, I love it!!!! are there any plans to include a function to allow the synth version to do multiple audio outs to work with BATTERY, KONTAKT, Geist and more?

Thanks. This may indeed come in the future, but we are not there yet! There is already quite a lot on our plate :-)

We are glad to announce the release of Blue Cat's PatchWork 1.1, including, among other things, sub plug-ins automation. As usual, existing customers can download the updated version from the same page as the original download (do not install the demo but the full version: it won't let you register otherwise). Enjoy!

New Features:
- New parameters mapping feature for sub plug-ins automation (includes a "learn" mode for easy mapping): Up to 40 parameters can be mapped to external controls. Our plug-in's advanced automation and MIDI control features can also be used to map controllers to sub-plug-ins parameters.
- New layout to display mapped automation controls in the main user interface.
- Added phase flip buttons for each parallel chain, so that you can easily compute differences between signals or correct phase problems introduced by some plug-ins.
- Link all pre and post gain knobs so that pre gain changes are automatically compensated by the post gain knobs. This can be used to easily push dynamics or distortion plug-ins without increasing the volume.

Fixes and compatibility improvements:
- when no plug-in is inserted, level meters remained frozen when stopping transport.
- fixing crashes with GRM Tools plug-ins that changed their audio I/O count dynamically ("Reson" for example).
- fixing sample rate initialization issue with Nebula when using copy/paste.
- The plug-in can now be used as a virtual instrument in Cubase and Studio One (it used to be silent).
Some plug-ins that required the deprecated "effIdle" VST message should now work properly (Steinberg's Virtual Guitarist for example).

thx for the update, would be nice if u able to do some kind of syncing between the knobs of PatchWork and the dedicated quick control knobs of the newly introduced VST Instruments Rack 2 in Cubase 7.5

as u can see on the attached picture, at this moment it shows all the controls so it's unusable in practical meaning, would be nice if Cubase able to display only a subset of them (the user selected ones for example) :)

it (the knob assignment process) works perfectly in the newly added built-in instruments of C7.5 like in HALion Sonic SE (this is what I think)

Thanks for the feedback. I don't think there is any way to do something automatically here. It seems Steinberg's synths just come with special presets for this feature. But we'll investigate, probably next year :-).

Dear BCA,

Where on your site can i find the download of update 1.1 ?
I don't mean the demo version but the version for owners like me.
Maybe i am blind but i searched your site anywhere, can't find it ..annoying.
Rob van Hees

You have to download from the link they provided you when you purchased. You can't find it on the main website at all.
As usual, existing customers can download the updated version from the same page as the original download (do not install the demo but the full version: it won't let you register otherwise).
Regards, Mike

Aha, many thanks for this useful info !!
Rob van Hees

Thanks for replying, Mike.

Updates will indeed ALWAYS be available from the same location as the original (unless it is a paid upgrade).

Update looks fantastic!

:tu:
I'm not a musician, but I've designed sounds that others use to make music. http://soundcloud.com/obsidiananvil

Shabdahbriah wrote:Update looks fantastic!

:tu:
:party:

Blue Cat Audio wrote:Thanks for the feedback. I don't think there is any way to do something automatically here. It seems Steinberg's synths just come with special presets for this feature. But we'll investigate, probably next year :-).
it's working flawlessly using the MIDI learning function of the Remote Control Editor (of the VST Instruments Rack)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=keHFB9Gn-kE

but would be more better if it can be done with one click (or two), and currently it's not instance based

Return to “Blue Cat Audio”