Blue Cat's PatchWork Unleashed!

Official support for: bluecataudio.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS
PatchWork

Here it is! We are happy to release Blue Cat's PatchWork, a new plug-in that can be described as a "universal plug-ins patchbay": it can host up to 64 VST plug-ins into any Digital Audio Workstation (DAW), in series or parallel.

With this plug-in, you can build your own channel strips and effect chains, save them as presets and share them between your DAWs. Check it out: it may truly revolutionize your workflow and the way you work with plug-ins. More information is available on the Blue Cat's PatchWork plug-in page).

A special introduction offer (20% off) is available until December 31st. Also, existing Blue Cat Audio customers are granted an even larger discount (40% off): check your email!

Blue Cat's PatchWork Overview video on Youtube
Last edited by Blue Cat Audio on Wed Nov 20, 2013 12:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

So far so good after the initial demoing -- actually, seems to be more stable in my PT10 than MB-7 for some reason. Thanks for this one -- it will come useful.

Blue Cat Audio: would you also like to start a thread on "PatchWork: VST Plug-Ins Compatibility" (or something of the sort), like the one you have for MB-7?

Thanks for the feedback. Compatibility should be exactly the same as for the MB-7 Mixer plug-in. We'll change the name of the thread to reflect this!

I don't seem to be able to find any clues about internal MIDI routing.

Can a user take the Thesys step sequencer and route the MIDI output from it to a VST synth?

VSTs MIDI output is currently not supported. So you won't be able to do this with the current version.

Can this run in Logic X/Mainstage 3 (64 bit) and then host 32-bit instruments? Can this be considered a VST to AU wrapper as well? Intrigued
Jason Schoepfer
Rocky Mountain Sounds
http://www.rockymountainsounds.com

This is really excellent, great work on this it will be very useful.

One thing I think would work very well, if at all possible I'm not sure, is for VST plugins to be stacked as if they are in a rack, rather than having separate windows within the plugin. The reason is to be able to save custom channel strips that are easily navigable and can be brought up and closed with a minimal amount of clicks. I'm saying it here as I can see it may very well be a possibility. The added bonus of not having any borders around the plugins is a real plus already.

The dry/wet knob is just what I've been looking for though with parallel equalisation, great stuff!

It would indeed be nice to include the user interfaces of the plug-ins all together in a single window, but it is a challenge to get right, as they all have different sizes...

Brilliant! Excellent idea!

I only would like to have mix-% and pan controls for each column and it would be PERFECT.

Will this plugin allow me to use my AAX plugins within Cubase?
Will it do these things...

1: AAX To VST? In Cubase...
2: VST To AAX? In Pro Tools...
3: VSTi To AAX?
4: AAX Instrument To VSTi?

THIS WOULD BE SOO SWEET! Please let me know... I know I could just download the demo and find out, but I just want to know before I go through all the trouble...

If this is so, I could FINALLY save Channel strips and use them within any DAW!

nexis

how much cpu this plugin alone need when activated?
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

nexis wrote:Will this plugin allow me to use my AAX plugins within Cubase?
Will it do these things...

1: AAX To VST? In Cubase...
2: VST To AAX? In Pro Tools...
3: VSTi To AAX?
4: AAX Instrument To VSTi?

THIS WOULD BE SOO SWEET! Please let me know... I know I could just download the demo and find out, but I just want to know before I go through all the trouble...

If this is so, I could FINALLY save Channel strips and use them within any DAW!

nexis
It doesn't host AAX so only 2 and 3.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

Great start to a total paradigm changer for protools users. I've been whining about save-able plugin sets in PT for so many years. This gets us there part of the way but unfortunately the loss of any kind of parameter automation (within the plugins itself) pretty much makes it DOA for my purposes. As a sound designer/mixer I don't really have much use for set and leave plugins.

Add the ability to control parameters via midi and we're talking about a total game changer. Hope the BlueCats can work that one out!

Cheers,
Jamey Scott

Time will tell! :-)

Blue Cat's PatchWork Overview video : it is now available on Youtube, thanks to Streamworks Audio.

Return to “Blue Cat Audio”