Changing the Gain Suite max/min/default?

Official support for: bluecataudio.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I've had a look at the skinning guide. I'd like to change the range of gain from the default (-60 to +60) to a more conservative range (-24 to +12), with knob increments of 0.5 dB.

So far, the skinning guide leads me to believe that the following would work:

Code: Select all

<PARAM name="model.gain1" default="0" max="12" min="-24" unit="dB" comment="gain of the plug-in" />
<TPL_KNOB_MODULE param_id="model.gain1" knob_type="LARGE_KNOB_SYM" positions_count="73" dsp_param_id="dsp.input2">
But it does not. Could any skinning experts lend a hand here?
Desktop: Win 7 Pro SP1 | i7 960 (4 cores 3.2 GHz) | 16 GB RAM | GTX470 | SSD boot plus 3x HDDs
Laptop: Win 8.1 | i7 4710HQ (4 cores 2.5 GHz)| 16 GB RAM | GTX850m | SSD boot plus one HDD

Okay, I got it figured out. For anyone else who is wondering (probably not that many people)

The file:

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Avid\Audio\Plug-Ins\BC Gain 3 AAX(Dual).aaxplugin\Contents\x64\BC Gain 3 AAX(Dual) data\Model\model.model
Edited as follows:

<PARAM id="gain1" exposed="true" min="-24" max="12" default="0" name="Gain (1)" unit="dB" value_format="+.2"/>
 	 <PARAM id="gain2" exposed="true" min="-24" max="12" default="0" name="Gain (2)" unit="dB" value_format="+.2"/>
Desktop: Win 7 Pro SP1 | i7 960 (4 cores 3.2 GHz) | 16 GB RAM | GTX470 | SSD boot plus 3x HDDs
Laptop: Win 8.1 | i7 4710HQ (4 cores 2.5 GHz)| 16 GB RAM | GTX850m | SSD boot plus one HDD

Hi,

Thanks for posting both the question and answer. You have been faster than us on this one! :-)

For this plug-in, the parameters are indeed defined in the model, because of the multiple instances sharing mechanism.

Return to “Blue Cat Audio”