Can a BlueCat audio product which can host plugins accept or convert midi note on & off to cc ?

Official support for: bluecataudio.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'd first like to express my gratitude for the freeware BlueCat gain suite plugin. As it enables me to use my daw like a dj mixer & crossfade audio signals between input channels...

Now to my question...

I want to create a simple Vst guitar effects rack which can be activated by midi note on & note off . My effect settings will be prepared in advance so the midi friendly plugin host & functions will only require bypassing or toggling on or off..

Is this possible with a BlueCat product ? ( Remote control or patchwork? ) As I can only see midi cc in the global midi learn menu.

I have a generic 48 key midi controller keyboard .. Cubase 5 & Cubase Elements 7 on Windows 8 .But I would like to disconnect the keyboard & use a wireless qwerty pc keyboard as a guitar effects pedal in the future.

I could use quick controls but the quick controls functions are unavailable in Cubase Elements 7 .. Another option would involve triggering a sample envelope in Battery 3. Then use a audio to cc technique to activate the effects plugin if it's feasible..

I'm also aware of virtual midi ports & midi transform utilities .. But i want to use the minimum amount of items to achieve this simple task..

Cubase SX5 , Cubase Elements 7 , Audiostrom LiveProfessor.. Turntables , Bass guitar , Acoustic guitar . E- Drums.

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in our plug-ins. Right now it is indeed only possible to use MIDI CC to control plug-ins parameters in our software.

tific wrote:But i want to use the minimum amount of items to achieve this simple task..
Given the reply, Insert Piz Here's 'NoteToCC' plugin is only one more extra item....
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

Return to “Blue Cat Audio”