Is it possible to load Waves VSTs in MB-7 in Reaper?

Official support for: bluecataudio.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Without Audiosuite capability, is this possible?

Thanks!

If you're on Windows, you could try using Xlutop Shell2VST to generate separate .dll files for each Waves plugin from the Waveshell. To use it just drag the waveshell .dll onto the appropriate shell2vst exe, and put the generated .dlls in your VST folder. The generated dlls should work within any host, although Ive never tried it with MB-7.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

That works!!! Thanks!!! It generated one Waveshell vst, after choosing it you have the option to choose any waves vst via a dropdown menu. Sweet!

Myearshurt wrote:That works!!! Thanks!!! It generated one Waveshell vst, after choosing it you have the option to choose any waves vst via a dropdown menu. Sweet!
That sounds slightly different from what I was expecting, but as long as it works...
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

Ya I couldnt find the so called folder it created with separate vsts in it. So I tried choosing the new waveshell vst that I didnt see before and up popped a little dropdown menu within the MB-7.

Thanks again

Hi,

just for the record, VST shell bundles are indeed natively supported by our VST hosting plug-ins (Blue Cat's MB-7 Mixer or Blue Cat's PatchWork): there is no need to use third party tools to load them in our plug-ins. Loading a shell-type VST will show a drop down menu where you can choose the plug-in from.

I guess you may have missed the waveshell dll the first time you tried to load these plug-ins.

Ohhh haha thanks! That dll was probably there the whole time!

This is an oldie but I do have a question about it: what will happens when Waves changes the name of the Waveshell dll/component/VST?

Thanks!

Since they change the name of the plug-in with every new release, it may indeed cause problems. The best way to handle this is to simply make a copy of the new version of the shell with the old name (if you are using VST or VST3 - Audio units will just work). It has been reported to work properly.

Another way (which is not practical if you have many sessions and presets) is to manually relocate the plug-in using the "relocate" function.

Thanks!

Sounds like a good workaround. Do you plan to support an advance management of those kind of plugins?

By the way, I’m demoing Patchwork and I thing is an amazing plugin but the automation knobs link system is kind of time wasting. A graphic or list system would be VERY welcomed

There are indeed a couple of enhancements for automation & parameters mapping that are on the radar... There are sooo many things we'd like to do! :-)

Return to “Blue Cat Audio”