Blue Cat's PatchWork 1.3 Ready, With Audio Units Hosting

Official support for: bluecataudio.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS
PatchWork

We are glad to release Blue Cat's PatchWork 1.3, available for download right now!

This new version mainly brings Audio Unit hosting for Mac users, as well as copy/paste enhancements that have simplified moving plug-ins in the signal chain or between applications. Several compatibility and performance improvements have also been included in this new release (full list below)

As usual, existing customers can download the updated version from the same page as the original full version.

New Features:
- Audio Unit hosting support: Audio Units can now be loaded into the plug-in on Mac.
- Plug-ins can now be cut from a slot for cut/paste operations.
- Plug-ins can now be pasted into a slot with their params map.
Improvements:
- User interface loading or resizing is now up to 50% faster.
- Reduced the size of windows installers.
- Minor layout changes.
Fixes and compatibility improvements:
- Fixed undo/redo incompatibilities with some plug-ins.
- (Mac) Fixed random crashes when unloading some plug-ins on Mac (Waves plug-ins for example).
- (Win/AAX) Fixed shortcut to user manual in start menu.
- (AAX) Fixed inaccurate transport information reported to sub plug-ins when stopping playback in Pro Tools.

Enjoy!

Thanks for the update. Unfortunately my Norton Antivirus reports that Patchwork 1.3 has a virus/Trojan (Suspicious.Cloud.9) and promptly removes it while I try to download. Sigh.

This anti virus indeed produces a false positive. We have just uploaded a slightly modified binary, in case it helps. Can you try to re-download it and tell us if it works for you? It it is still a problem, we'll have to submit the files so that they fix this.

This anti virus indeed produces a false positive. We have just uploaded a slightly modified binary, in case it helps. Can you try to re-download it and tell us if it works for you? It it is still a problem, we'll have to submit the files so that they fix this.

No, sorry, Norton still deletes it while I try to download Patchwork (Suspicious.Cloud.9)...

Can you please tell us which exact version causes the problem, so that we can submit the file to Symantec? In the meantime, you can disable the realtime antivirus for download, then scan the file offline before executing it if you want to be sure (Norton's algorithms for checking the downloads seem to be much less reliable than their offline scanner and produce any more false positives).

It's Norton Internet Security 21.3.0.12. Indeed Norton have given lots of false positives from different software companies. Thanks for the help!

Sorry, I meant which type of plug-in installer :-).

The "Internet Security" suites indeed tend to create lots of false positives, and some of them seem to rely on the number of downloads they have recorded for a file!

Oh, it's Windows 64-bit. I deactivated the real time antivirus when downloading, but after it was finished, Norton scanned Patchwork and deleted it anyway.

This request is also posted in the forum "Blue Cat Patchwork Unleashed!"

Feature Requests:

1. Multiple Outputs

2. The ability to give proper names to mapped parameters. Editing the automation of something called "Control 1, control 2..." and having to go back and check what it actually is you are editing is a drag.

Tried to download Patchwork 1.3 again today (Win 64-bit). Norton Internet Security STILL (since June 19) deletes it, with the same Trojan/virus warning (Suspicious.Cloud.9). Why does this take so long?

You may want to submit it to Symantec too. Maybe it will speed up their response... Their "smart" download protection system seems to be really unreliable for most software with less than several million downloads...

djb123 wrote: 1. Multiple Outputs
2. The ability to give proper names to mapped parameters. Editing the automation of something called "Control 1, control 2..." and having to go back and check what it actually is you are editing is a drag.
Please avoid cross-posting if you can...

About the features requests:
1. This is indeed possible and may happen in the future.
2. Unfortunately it is currently not possible to change names at runtime. This is probably a feature request for Pro Tools first :-)

Do you know what happens with this sort of subhost if the main host is rendering audio offline and needs to inform the plugin loaded that it should switch to offline mode (say if a plugin renders higher quality offline). Does it pass that sort of information on?

There is currently nothing particular implemented regarding offline rendering, as not all hosts actually send such information (and this is not available in most plug-in formats either).

Do you know any plug-in that does not use the same settings for offline rendering? I think some plug-ins offer quality options but I don't think they are activated automatically when bouncing a track, are they?

Return to “Blue Cat Audio”