Upcoming Features for Blue Cat's PatchWork 1.4

Official support for: bluecataudio.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS
PatchWork

Blue Cat’s PatchWork 1.4 is on its way… Will you guess the new three features shown by the screenshot below?

I can guess that an audio file recorder is not one of them :(

As said in another thread, if we happen to build an audio file recorder, it would be as a separate plug-in that you could instantiate inside Blue Cat's PatchWork, so it is not likely to appear as an upgrade!

Stand alone version?

It is indeed in work (good guess :-) ), but probably not for this release!

I'm going to guess. The ability to get MIDI input from sources other than the host? Which would be awesome since Pro Tools has a lockdown on MIDI control of plugin params. If I'm right it gives me an idea for a workaround of the problem I would like to see remedied: Editing the automation of something called "Control 1, control 2..." and having to go back and check what it actually is you are editing is a drag. But if patchworks could get MIDI input controlling its mapped parameters from outside of pro tools--and if those control changes could end up as automation--then having generic names for the mapped parameters would be less of a drag. Here's hoping.

That's actually not the feature...Using external MIDI or audio sources is not something we are willing to add for the moment because it bypasses the host and may result in unexpected behavior...
since Pro Tools has a lockdown on MIDI control of plugin params
What do you mean?
But if patchworks could get MIDI input controlling its mapped parameters from outside of pro tools
This is already possible. All you need to do is either use the instrument version of PatchWork or add a MIDI track (inside Pro Tools) to route events to the effect version from your MIDI interface. All mapped parameters are then assignable to MIDI CC messages and can be controlled from outside Pro Tools.

Is that virtual MIDI buses?
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

Internal virtual MIDI busses are already available today, so that you can perform your own MIDI routing with plug-ins inserted into the matrix. One of the features shown here related to this is MIDI Channel filtering. You will be able to select the MIDI channel(s) you want to route from the host or any internal MIDI port to the selected plug-in.

Next feature? :-)

Blue Cat Audio wrote:That's actually not the feature...Using external MIDI or audio sources is not something we are willing to add for the moment because it bypasses the host and may result in unexpected behavior...
since Pro Tools has a lockdown on MIDI control of plugin params
What do you mean?
But if patchworks could get MIDI input controlling its mapped parameters from outside of pro tools
This is already possible. All you need to do is either use the instrument version of PatchWork or add a MIDI track (inside Pro Tools) to route events to the effect version from your MIDI interface. All mapped parameters are then assignable to MIDI CC messages and can be controlled from outside Pro Tools.
If I understand correctly what you're saying, you are suggesting having a MIDI track enabled so that it can receive MIDI from a controller and send that to the plugin? It works, but you always have to have that track armed for it to work. Arming any other midi or instrument track disarms it unless you hold down shift, disabling your controller from the plugin. No good.

It would be very cool to see these skins make it into the default skins for v1.4

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 6&t=414825
Bitwig Certified Trainer

billcarroll wrote:It would be very cool to see these skins make it into the default skins for v1.4

That's not the plan so far, but the skins are now officially available from our website, and once installed, you can easily set it as the default skin for the plug-in in the globals settings window.

Any chance to have multi outs for virtual instruments for next version available ?

Means PatchWorks itself multi out...

Blue Cat Audio wrote:
billcarroll wrote:It would be very cool to see these skins make it into the default skins for v1.4

That's not the plan so far, but the skins are now officially available from our website, and once installed, you can easily set it as the default skin for the plug-in in the globals settings window.
It's always nice to get a reply, even if the answer happens to be no. :)
Bitwig Certified Trainer

erwan234 wrote:Any chance to have multi outs for virtual instruments for next version available ?

Means PatchWorks itself multi out...
Indeed. This is planned for the future, but there is no target release for it yet!

Return to “Blue Cat Audio”